RCTalk VRC Race Club (VRCT)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
RobMob and I just ordered in the Game pack and the USB TX adapters.
We need to get an RCNT Race Team put together for the winter.

http://www.virtualrc.com/

You can get the keyboard demo here and play with it. You will get hooked. The full version can be had for 89-109.00 depending on where you shop. The USB adapter for your TX / RX is from 39-49 again depending on where you get it.

Sound off if you have the game and want to start a club.

Don't have it, yet, but I'm game! Hopefully I'll have the funds to order it here in the next week or two!

i wonder if the Nomadio will work. i tried the Keyboard demo. pretty cool but sucked with the keyboard. I'm way to heavy fingered. lol
T

It will work with any RX / TX.
The adapter has a USB on one end and two plugs on the other end.
In short you use Your RX AND TX. The adapter interfaces it to USB

One plug goes into the throttle slot and the other goes into the steering slot of any RX.
The adapter then plugs into your PCs USB.

I got it. How would a club work out? I never do any of the scheduled races. I just practice offline mostly. I'm only decent at a few tracks. I like it though, it's fun.

I'm not sure, I dont have it yet :D

can't you contact users you know and setup privet races?

Waiting for the offroad version to come out, supposedly late this year or early next. As I recall, the was an issue with the nomadio but I don't remember exactly what it was.

I was just now reading about the clubs.
Ill setup an RCNT Club and we can hold out own events.
Ill get it all worked out next week.

I have wanted VRC ever since I played it at RCX this past year.

Now that you can actually race anybody 1 on 1 and create your own club, that did it for me.

The fact that I am now into racing on-road is just icing on the cake. I can get as much wheel time with my radio anytime I want during the off season. I didn't even have to twist Ed's arm to join up as well. It is going to be a blast.

I also can't wait until the off-road version comes out. That will also be sweet.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting the off-road version as soon as it hits. I'm up for a club. Should be fun!

If there coming out with a off road version Ill wait. That will put it around christmas time hopefully lol:LoL:.

Bryson

Keep us posted on how it's working. I'm interested but my bankroll won't permit right now. Hopefully I'll be in soon. But I'm interested in how the club works out.

I'm holding out for the offroad version too.

It won't play on my computer . I keep getting some message that it's not compatable with my video card or some chit. That sucks, I would definately be down for it too but I am not going to upgrade my computer.

I would also much rather an offroad version if it did work on my pc.

I keep getting some message that it's not compatable with my video card

Same here. This is the first time EVER that something wouldn't run on it. Video, audio, whatever. I'm sure there must be a download to troubleshoot it on the game site.
I'm still in. I'll be ready by race day.

Here is some info on graphic cards supported by VRC....

What is hardware T&L and why does VRC use it?

Before an object can be painted on the screen, it must be lit and transformed from the 3D world into 2D screen coordinates. The renderer can either do this by using own algorithms (Software T&L), or use the 3D hardware for that (Hardware T&L, for OpenGL and DirectX 7 or above). On old systems, hardware T&L must be emulated and runs quite slow; on new generation 3D cards (GeForce and Radeon) however it is faster and gives better lighting effects than software T&L. Some renderers support both methods for always getting the maximum performance from the hardware.

VRC uses hardware T&L because we want to use the latest technology to create the most realistic 3D racing environment. All the latest 3D games such as; Doom3, Half life2 etc. also use this technology.

What graphics cards support Hardware T&L?

Supported Cards
(These cards support hardware T&L)
-GeForce 4 MX
-GeForce FX (all versions)
-Radeon (original), Radeon 7200 and 7500
-ATI Diamond Radeon 9600 SE
-SiS Xabre
-nForce (integrated graphics)
-GeForce2 Go & GeForce4 Go (laptop)
-Mobility Radeon 7500, 9000, 9700 (laptop)
-GeForce3 Ti 200
-Radeon 9000
-Radeon 8500 LE
-Radeon 9000 Pro
-Matrox Parhelia 512
-Radeon 8500
-GeForce3 Ti 500
-GeForce4 Ti 4200
-GeForce4 Ti 4400
-GeForce4 Ti 4600
-Radeon 9700 Pro
-Nvidia fx 5200

What graphics cards DON'T support Hardware T&L?

Non-supported Cards
(These cards do not support hardware T&L)
-TnT/TnT 2
-ATI Rage (any kind)
-ATI Radeon VE and Radeon 7000
-ATI Mobility Radeon (original, laptop)
-Kyro 1 & 2 (example, Hercules 3D Prophet 4000/4500)
-any Voodoo card
-any Intel card
-any Matrox card (except the Parhelia)
-any kind of integrated graphics (except the nForce)
-any other card that is not on one of the first two lists

It may be as simple as updating your drivers to the current version. If you haven't done so in at least the last 3 months, that would explain the error you're getting.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX (http://www.microsoft.com/directx).

Failing that, I know where you can get an FX5200 AGP Geforce for cheap......

Once the offroad version comes out, I'm grabbin' a copy of it.

Back