rc4wd renegade axles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
coming soon is rc4wd's Renegade axles with lockable diffs. they look pretty good imo. cool feature for a scaler, run it in 2wd till you can't make it any farther then lock her in! check em out.

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=975

Renegade Axle specs:

* CNC machined billet aircraft grade aluminum housing
* Hardened steel diff gear
* Diff cover with cooling fins
* 5mm axle input shaft
* Full ball bearings
* Powder coated in black
* Width: XXXmm/XXinch (estimate)
* Gear Ratio: XX:1
* Engineered and Manufactured by RC4WD

DSC_6448.jpg

DSC_6443.jpg

I wouldn't use them. The shifting mechanism is on the backside of the diff, essentially on the outside of the truck. Once you have linkages hooked up to shift into the locked position that stuff will be hanging in front of the front diff and getting hung up on everything. IMO they should have made the shift mechanism on the axle side of the diff housing. So now are you going to need to use a 4 channel stick radio with these, plus a servo for each axle? Seems a bit much to me, and not very "scale"

. So now are you going to need to use a 4 channel stick radio with these, plus a servo for each axle?

yep I'm pretty sure you will. hey I'm not gonna use them either but it is a new product to the scaler community. thought someone might like to see them.

I think they look freaking awesome, but I think Joe is right that once you get everything together you're going to have linkage that's all over the place and thus defeating the purpose the scale look.

Back