RC4GS Gyro Causes speed wobble at high speed for Arrma Senton 3s BlX 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiplashGamz

RCTalk Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
So, I recently bought an RC4GS V2 for my Arrma senton, the receiver came with a gyro which I've set up but the gyro makes the car swerve at high speed. how can I fix this?

Sounds a lot like tail wag on a heli, which is what gyros were used for orginally. How do you have it mounted? It needs to be secure, but with a couple layers of padded tape underneath to try and isolate vibrations from the rig interfering with the gyros ability to compensate. If the gyro has a gain setting, you can try turning this down also. The swerving is it "hunting" center and being a bit over sensitive from the sound of it.

Sounds a lot like tail wag on a heli, which is what gyros were used for orginally. How do you have it mounted? It needs to be secure, but with a couple layers of padded tape underneath to try and isolate vibrations from the rig interfering with the gyros ability to compensate. If the gyro has a gain setting, you can try turning this down also. The swerving is it "hunting" center and being a bit over sensitive from the sound of it.
well, it's positioned on the front right side, and the minimum I can have it set without wobbling is 5% which is like nothing.

This is why a lot of us speed runners don't run a gyro at all as in some cases it can cause more harm than help. If your set on running it I'd try to recalibrate it and make sure it's mounted more twords the middle. I'm wondering if your car is having a lot of vibration at speed and it's setting the gyro off. Honestly for speed running it's not needed you just need to dial in your suspension, toe and camber so the car runs straight and you won't have an issue. I've never ran a gyro and so far pushed my Limitless to 145mph last year without issue.

This is why a lot of us speed runners don't run a gyro at all as in some cases it can cause more harm than help. If your set on running it I'd try to recalibrate it and make sure it's mounted more twords the middle. I'm wondering if your car is having a lot of vibration at speed and it's setting the gyro off. Honestly for speed running it's not needed you just need to dial in your suspension, toe and camber so the car runs straight and you won't have an issue. I've never ran a gyro and so far pushed my Limitless to 145mph last year without issue.
This car is for bashing, and I have it inside a watertight casing cuz this thing runs through water A LOT! but the right front is the only spot where there's room. cuz I have the driveshaft in the way.

it's a short course trophy truck.
this is the rc car it's equipped on: https://www.arrma-rc.com/4x4/blx/senton/

I put a gyro on this 6S pile and it was causing some awful issues until I turned sensetivity waaay down. Once I got it dialed in just right it was a world of difference tho. My guess is it needed a lot less input than I expected fwiw.

20210816_073911.jpg

I have had issues with the gyro in the RC6GS V2 (pretty much the same but 6 channels) and the gyro just wobbles, I run it without the gyro and it actually handles much better than if I had a gyro. When bashing, you don’t want a gyro.

I put a gyro on this 6S pile and it was causing some awful issues until I turned sensetivity waaay down. Once I got it dialed in just right it was a world of difference tho. My guess is it needed a lot less input than I expected fwiw.

View attachment 142414
Doesn't need a gyro you need telemetry. Gyro's are for helicopters that's not a basher that's a speed runner... that can't jump or go off road... that's a pavement thrasher
That's why you had to turn it way down. Shouldn't be on there

Gyros are used on rc cars as well. There are a lot of surface radios with built in gyros. It keeps the front wheels turned in the direction the car is moving. Would probably work really good on a drift car. Some guys at the local track run them in their buggies as well. Grey sent me 3 gyros, but I have yet to test them.

Gyros are used on rc cars as well. There are a lot of surface radios with built in gyros. It keeps the front wheels turned in the direction the car is moving. Would probably work really good on a drift car. Some guys at the local track run them in their buggies as well. Grey sent me 3 gyros, but I have yet to test them.
Yeah drift cars are what they put them on..
Oh nice that's cool.. but sounds like he's trying to use it as telemetry. To help with keeping wheels straight.. not they way it's supposed to be used in a ground kit...
I have had issues with the gyro in the RC6GS V2 (pretty much the same but 6 channels) and the gyro just wobbles, I run it without the gyro and it actually handles much better than if I had a gyro. When bashing, you don’t want a gyro.
Exactly. Definitely not for bashing 👍👍

Telemetry is when you can read what is going on. It is communication from the receiver to the radio.

What is being referred to here is what a gyro does. It turns the wheels. There are gyros that control 1 axis or more, as in quads and helis where the gyro control x, x and y, or x, y and z

This car is for bashing, and I have it inside a watertight casing cuz this thing runs through water A LOT! but the right front is the only spot where there's room. cuz I have the driveshaft in the way.

it's a short course trophy truck.
this is the rc car it's equipped on: https://www.arrma-rc.com/4x4/blx/senton/
OK not used to seeing a gyro in a basher just speed cars and track/race cars lol. I'm very family with the truck I've got 7 Arrmas myself. I'd just turn the sensitivity way down if your set on using it but I'd suggest not using it. If there's no big improvement or gain from using it and it's causing problems why bother🤷

OK not used to seeing a gyro in a basher just speed cars and track/race cars lol. I'm very family with the truck I've got 7 Arrmas myself. I'd just turn the sensitivity way down if your set on using it but I'd suggest not using it. If there's no big improvement or gain from using it and it's causing problems why bother🤷
yea I might just end up disabling it.

Doesn't need a gyro you need telemetry. Gyro's are for helicopters that's not a basher that's a speed runner... that can't jump or go off road... that's a pavement thrasher
That's why you had to turn it way down. Shouldn't be on there
Yep,I'm still learning. I probably got my terminology all wrong so here's a pic of what I used. I finally went straight with just slightly any input and was actually driveable at comical speeds for the first time. It would roast my stock felony up until it went airborne and I finally did that one time too many and it's disassembled now,in the parts pile.
Steer me in the right direction 😕.

Attachments

• 20220228_193515.jpg
    20220228_193515.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210502_112714.jpg
    20210502_112714.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Telemetry is when you can read what is going on. It is communication from the receiver to the radio.

What is being referred to here is what a gyro does. It turns the wheels. There are gyros that control 1 axis or more, as in quads and helis where the gyro control x, x and y, or x, y and z
Thanks dad,, we know what being talked about lol. You knew what I ment Mr. Precise LOL.. SORRY I didn't clarify my statement... either way GYROS don't belong on a basher anyway.. like you said it's more for a drifter or helicopter or drone.. it would only pick up every bump and rock in a basher... they are supposed to be mounted in a place on padding so they don't pick up anything other then the TX.. bit sounds like that's not the case here... what's needed is way stiffer front end and shocks... I still love ya papa😉🤣🤣👍👍

Thanks dad,, we know what being talked about lol. You knew what I ment Mr. Precise LOL.. SORRY I didn't clarify my statement... either way GYROS don't belong on a basher anyway.. like you said it's more for a drifter or helicopter or drone.. it would only pick up every bump and rock in a basher... they are supposed to be mounted in a place on padding so they don't pick up anything other then the TX.. bit sounds like that's not the case here... what's needed is way stiffer front end and shocks... I still love ya papa😉🤣🤣👍👍
The guys at the local dirt track here were using gyros when I was there a few years ago. I am not sure what they are running, but it was night and day difference watching the cars that had them and those that didn't.

Back