RC18T or 1/18 Losi Mini LST?????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunatic Racing

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My daughter loves to drive my T-Maxx. Her birthday is comming up and my wife suggested that I get her an elec. car or truck that she can run indoors or outside. It has to be elec. so that I do not have to be present to start or tune. I'm undecided on the Associated RC18MT or the Losi Mini LST. I will probably end up getting an 18th mini as well shortly after so I can "Bash" with her. Any pro's & cons. or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :bowtothercnt:

Come on guys!!!!! Someone has to have an opinnion or suggestion...

Why don't you get her one, then get yourself the other one?

18MT doesn't have very many cons really. The 18 can also be converted to any of it's "sister" vehicles such as the 18T stadium truck or the 18B buggy for very little coin. Which could be handy if she starts to get bored or wants something different. There is also the possibility of converting to the 18R rally car which would require quite a few more part exchanges but still probably quite a bit cheaper than buying a second vehicle.. Lots of options with the RC18 lineup.. that's the one that gets my vote.

18t with the stock setup is pretty durable. I have not owned a mlst but they look pretty beefy. In my opinion they are probably pretty equal besides the fact that the mlst has a duel motor setup. Dont know much of a difference on a mini setup with that. I think eather choice is a good one, they are probably equally fun.

18t

I have both an 18t and an 18r. They're both really fun out of the box. I bought the Factory Team upgrades when I bought the 18t and the worst thing that has happened is that a screw that I forgot to Loktite fell out and I ended up losing a dog-bone. The 18t's are stout. That's my:2cents: !

:cheers: Thanks for the input guys...
I went and ordered the 18MT for her when I ordered stuff for my 1/8th buggy.
Hopefully she'll have a riot with it so I'll have the excuse to get one for myself to run with her. I think I should have ordered another batt. or two at the same time though.

Your LHS should have them in stock. They're a reasonable accessory. I paid about $20 for my 1400 mah NiMH packs for my 18t. You might also want to consider a good peak charger for th batteries. I'm running an MRC Superbrain 989 and it will charge every type of pack I own and comes with a power supply.

Last edited:
If I had to do it again, i'd go with the 18T. I have an MLST and I'm not so happy with it. Too bad, usually I am very happy with Losi products. Its fast out of the box, and has dual motors, which you'll ditch if you ever wanted to upgrade to brushless. The diffs bomb if you add any more power or just run it too much. The 'upgrade' steel diff set (full upgrade) is $60. Mine are crunching and my trucks all stock. That ontop of a very irritating steering setup. I dont know if its just mine or what. The servo-saver setup is way too weak and under the load of the truck on carpet, dont like to return to center. I'm glad to see you went with the Associated truck. Another 18th scale could had been that Duratraxx 18th Buggy. Looks like it does pretty well.

Mike

I had a Mini Lst and it was pretty awesome. I was really impressed by the handling and the speed of if out of the box. Also went threw and over alot of stuff. Was a fun little truck, just electric isnt my thing.

The diffs are junk on the stock Mlst, but if you contact losi, they will send you a rebuild kit for the front, center and rear for no cost. can't beat that.

Back