RC10GT start up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KBryan67

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have RC10GT gas trying to get started. Story behind it is I bought 2 of them probably 6-7 years ago and they were trashed. Dirty, partially torn apart, etc. Long story short I slowly rebuilt both over I'd say a year, year n half period. New tanks, rims n tires, servos n esc, engines .15, bearings, etc, I did a lot.

Sold one few years back n kept one. Currently I'm trying to get it started after sitting about year or so.

If I put fuel directly into engine n put glow plugs back on it will fire up after couple tries n seems to want to run but dies out. If I just try to do it normal it doesn't sound like it evens trying to start like it's not getting gas but when I'm turning over engine I can see gas goilg through line into carb.

So I'm kinda lost on why it won't start. Glow plug is good.
Any ideas of what I may be doing wrong or missing something obvious?

IMG_20180819_114928.jpg
IMG_20170907_213824.jpg

Thanks

UPDATE
So after this post I went n messed with it a minute n got it to start up and run a minute. I just need to manage to keep it running n TRY to fine tune it but I just can't seem to get that down. I understand the concept of it but doing it I just can't seem to adhere...lol

Last edited:
Hi all,
Thanks for the tuning chart WoodiE, still trying to get it right but do have a question.
So i read 3 ways to shut down engine
Pinch fuel line
Block exhaust
Touch flywheel
When i pinch fuel line it revs up super high n i dont like when it does that. So I'm gonna assume thats tuning related but still would like to shut down engine without it reving high so i dont damage engine.
Any ideas that wont rev so high but shut down quickly?
Thanks

Last edited:
@KBryan67 the method I've always used is blocking the exhaust. Takes just a second so it's quick and easy.

Thanks WoodiE for input. I wanted to try the exhaust block but was concerened of engine backing up with fuel n damaging engine (from article i read as a con that IT COULD happen).
Thanks again i will try that next time.

Hi all,
So its been since 2011-2012 when i was ordering parts n rebuilding my RC10GT n was able to find what i needed or wanted n most everything i ordered online was from tower hobbies n amain hobbies.
I decided to do a little browsing n noticed that its like nothing or very little can be found now at tower n amain for RC10.
Any idea where else i can look online?
I'm guessing either ebay or teamassociated.com if I'm lucky.

What engine did you use?
I'm looking for a drop in replacement to the stock engine.