RC10-T3 Motor and Tuning Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

ronjon228

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello all, this is my first post on here so I'd fist off like to say hello and yes I am running electric and didnt even realize this was a nitro site because I must be blind. Anyways, I did have a few questions that I wanted to ask as I'm sure many of you still drive electric or used to. First off here is what I have:

RC10-T3 w/mild hop-ups including new springs front and rear, Super Rooster w/Reverse ESC, 19T Phantom, 14T Onyx Speed Gems2, CVD's (not sure if they come stock), and street tires on front and back.

Right now I'm running the Speed Gems motor but I didnt really see any gain from the Phantom. The Phantom had longer run-time and seemed to be just as fast with even more torque. I'm running a 48P setup with a 20 tooth pinoin and a 87 tooth spur and I'm wondering if I should change that for the Phantom or Speed Gems motor. I'm new to electric so I'm not sure exactly how that system works. Whats the best combo of spur/pinoin for torque, high speed, mid-range in general? I looked on Associated's site and they reccomended the 87 tooth spur for the 14T motor (Speed Gems) so I'm wondering why I'm not seeing any gain in performance? Also, the Rooster ESC can handle up to 10 cell batteries but I was figuring on going with 7 cell as its more standard. Right now I have (2) VIS matched 6 cell 2000's and they give me a little under 10 minute run times with the Phantom, slightly shorter with the Speed Gems. Would it be worth it to upgrade to 7 cell 2400's or 3000's and how much run time would I gain from doing this? Well I know this is long as all heck but I just figured I might as well put it all out there and maybe get some answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Ron Jon

Hunter

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi Welcome to the board:banana: Ok its been along time for me and E-running trucks but lets see here, changing from 2000 batteries to 3000s should get you 45 to 50% more run time on a charge. The rest of your question Ill let some one with more hands on know how do the talking. But good luck:D