Rc10 clutch issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OS4ever

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So, my bearings went out in my clutch bell. I put in new bearings and replaced the clutch too, it was shot. After I get everything back together all the truck does is rev up and barely move. I put one shim behind the bearing then clutch bell then other bearing then e clip. I'm thinking i might have to take the shim out, because the last one didnt have a shim but there was play on the end of the shaft causing the bearing to halfway seat in the clutch bell.

any suggestions?

Sounds like your flywheel came loose. Use a pair of Channel-lock pliers, and hold the flywheel, while tightening the clutch nut with an 8MM wrench. Don't be afraid to bear down on it; you don't want it coming loose easily.

You can use a rag between the pliers and flywheel if you don't want to marr the wheel up.

Also, your engine will have to come out to tighten it down with this method; say NO to piston lockers!

I checked the flywheel tonight and it wasn't loose, tommorow I'm gonna run it and see, i adjusted the 4 in 1 clutch so there would be no slip. The truck works when you hold the rear end off the ground but once put on the ground it revs. If its not right tommorow, I will have to dig into the tranny i guess!!!!

Could be a loose diff or slipper, if that's the case. Or you could have a sheered axle pin. I've sheered a couple of those in my time. The best thing you can do is hold the spur gear and roll the truck while looking at the axles and slipper nut. That should give you some insight as to where the problem is.