RC wont respond it just has steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADD

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I just replaced my ESC in my Granite Mega550 with a new stock part. It's still doesn't have forward or reverse . I've been searching for 2 week
for a solution and can't find poop. Can some please help before I use it as fire starter. Thanks

Swap the ESC into the steering channel and the servo into the throttle channel. If it works when you turn the wheel but the car wont steer when you move the trigger the problem is the transmitter.

If the steering works but the motor still doesn't do anything the motor or wiring to it is the problem

I just replaced my ESC in my Granite Mega550 with a new stock part. It's still doesn't have forward or reverse . I've been searching for 2 week
for a solution and can't find poop. Can some please help before I use it as fire starter. Thanks
You need to calibrate the esc with the transmitter.
If it's a Spektrum esc try this:
*Turn the transmitter on.
*Turn on the esc and hold down the small button next to the esc on/off switch.
*You should hear one beep. Let go of the small button.
*Fully depress the throttle trigger, and hit the small button once and let go right right away. You should hear 2 beeps. Release trigger.
*Give trigger full reverse, and hit small button again and let go right away. You should hear 3 beeps. Release trigger.
*Turn everything off and then back on again. You should now have throttle.

I don't have a small button
16243662030423583225953530747476.jpg

Swap the ESC into the steering channel and the servo into the throttle channel. If it works when you turn the wheel but the car wont steer when you move the trigger the problem is the transmitter.

If the steering works but the motor still doesn't do anything the motor or wiring to it is the problem
So what you said happened .. so its either my wiring from ESC to the motor or both wiring and motor ...

Nothing . Unless it's hiding better than a skinny kid playing hid-n-go seek..lol

Ya just read that. I've emailed the warranty department in regards to replacing the motor and as that what would be the next solution to this problem , we will see what they say

by chance what battery are you using?
the battery type jumper is set to the LiPo position, if you are using a NiMh battery it will kick the ESC into LVC if the NiMh battery isnt almost fully charged.
are you getting any beeping from the motor at start up?

This is a really basic question but its worth asking. Do you have the ESC plugged in to channel 1 or channel 2 of the receiver?

by chance what battery are you using?
the battery type jumper is set to the LiPo position, if you are using a NiMh battery it will kick the ESC into LVC if the NiMh battery isnt almost fully charged.
are you getting any beeping from the motor at start up?
The motor never beeped from day 1 .. I'm being sent a new ESC, Motor and Servo all stock so we will see what happens next

Back