Maryland RC Underground Arena, Columbia MD (Mini Z racing, 1/10 & 1/28 Drifting, Drone racing, 1/10 off road carpet racing)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking down the drivers stand. And the stairway to heaven. I think they are replacing it with a metal stand that meets regulations.

IMG_20230509_052616.jpg

IMG_20230509_052614.jpg

i want to go! that looks like too much fun to pass up!

but it looks like ill have to. its a 11hr drive :confused: maybe someday.......
I've gotta build myself my own track.

Last edited:
Yesterday, they changed the offroad carpet track to a onroad layout (only using half of the track). They are testing out a onroad Awesomatix car. They are thinking of doing several onroad classes (21.5/25.5 motors) and lots of other classes. Might be bringing back box stock TT02's from the old track (BACH)

Pretty cool. In this Live they were testing foams: And this live they were testing out just rubber tires: All is pretty cool. If they do start racing onroad, I might get a on road kit, or run TT02 box stock if they run it. Will be fun. Also thinking about a 2wd offroad buggy. But do I got money for that? No. Ill just have to wait. :(

Today was Test and Tune day for On-road box stock TT02 and Losi Mini B's.

On Saturday's they will be running Losi Mini B / T's on the off road carpet track. They can also run normal 1/10 buggies on saturdays as-well.

We found this and shooting this for the class rules.

Should be fun!
received_6184932031590438.jpeg

New and Updated Schedule:

Monday - Wednesday, James opens up around 2 and closes around 9. (Not actual business hours, just to open up, test n tune and chill, no racing)
Wednesday: Onroad racing around 4/5
Thursday: 1/10 Buggy racing 7 to 11, Drift meet
Friday: Offroad/onroad practice (depends on which mode the carpet track is in)
Saturday: Mini B and 1/10 Buggy racing 1-5:30ish
Sunday: Mini Z racing (currently 3500 stock point series), Onroad racing

Updates. Me and Lamont had setup a smaller track. We flipped the carpet over so it doesn't shed carpet strings and it is more abrasive. I helped make the layout and lay down tape. This track will be used for 1/12 onroad and 1/12 pan cars. No pics or videos yet.

New Mini Z layout by EJ the other week! For practice, racing, and test and tune for big races coming up!
Big Mini Z race in August. This race is to lead up for the nationals which I believe is at RCHQ in Texas? Not sure.
Drift Track night is on Thursday's
Might have plans on expanding the drift track and doing something different with the surface.
Might be getting a new offroad carpet layout soon! We had the same layout for about a month so its time for a change.

Carpet updates:
From what I heard, we might be or trying to upgrade to CRC carpet in the future, but it will take some time, money and effort to make it happen so that's why I am trying to help out if I can.

Whoever they got the current carpet from, it was during the Covid times and aperently they messed up. It is not supposed to shed carpet strings or do anything like that. Like I said earlier with flipping the carpet over, It will be much better for onroad as it is more abrasive meaning we can run foam tires or have a larger tire selection. But I think we have it narrowed down now. But with the idea of flipping the carpet over, it will not be good for offroad as it will wear pin tires down very quickly.

Memberships are currently getting worked on and getting out on the website
We are also trying to move over to paying through the website, instead of paying with cash, cash app, paypal ect so it is more easier for the owners to keep track of everything

Snacks and water are $1
Gatorade is $2
Juice is free (from what I heard last time)

Race fee weekday: $20
Race fee weekend: $25
Extra class: $15
Practice weekday: $15
Practice weekend: $20
Additional practice tracks: $5

Welp that didnt last long.
Closing the doors November 30th.
Due to permits, fire exits, and occupancy limits. And also not to mention the shopping center got new owners so the county doesn't own it no more. I fought that would take more like a year or 2 to due.
Had a bunch fun time getting started racing there. So long

Ill see what the locals are going to do.
If not, ill change to the stock / clay setups and Ill go to the clay track which is an hour away.

closing??!?!!? i never got a chance to come beat you in a race. 😭
TBH though this is really sad. sucks when tracks like this close. Is the clay track an hour southwest by any chance? would be one hour closer to me.....

closing??!?!!? i never got a chance to come beat you in a race. 😭
TBH though this is really sad. sucks when tracks like this close. Is the clay track an hour southwest by any chance? would be one hour closer to me.....
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/thread...rsburg-full-hobby-shop-and-clay-track.136946/
Since the rent / lease is super high today, I don't believe we can find another spot. The only reason that the one in Gaithersburg is still open is that it's popular and it's been there for 30 years and it's a full hobby shop. There is lots of tracks up in PA but it's an hour, hour n half, 2 hours away. Only lasted 9 months, super sad.
I'll see if they do a last day race/s for off-road and mini z. I'll drag my uncle down and hopefully it's a Saturday.
We were actually supposed to get new carpet for the track too. Super bad timing.

Hopefully I can head down today for some last laps. We were thinking about racing but it wouldn't happen since the main racers are down in Florida for the big carpet race. Also hopefully to see the guys because I won't be able to see them until we find a new spot.
This weekend is probably our last weekend and after we are packing up. Closed earlier than we estimated.
Screenshot_20231117-195548.png

Last edited:
All packed up and out of there.
The facebook group is just a RC help group and race locator.
The team is starting to find a new spot starting in January so RCUA V2 coming soon, hopefully 🙏

Still looking for a new spot. Hopefully
Really itching for some carpet action.
Really miss racing Thursday and Saturday nights. And missing some fun racing with the buddies.

Back