Rc drift car function problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinnythebear

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So to put it straight in the process of building my 2nd rc car I went to test with plugging in my battery. And it immediately sparks before connection and once connected began to fell very hot and almost smoked, but my problem is I don’t know what I have wrong, my wires r soldered on strong and not touching. Photos show what’s there right now. Any input appreciated thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 79
all solider joints look alittle cold..Thats all I can see...ok when you hook a battery up to esc it will spark.now if it was gonna smoke it would no matter how fast you are ..more than likely the cap pack is what is causing the spark unless you get a spark limiting battery plug it will always.could you have melted any of the solder on your escs boards?
5 Pair Amass XT90S XT90 S Anti Spark Connector Male and Female Plug Housing for RC Lipo Battery DIY Racing Drone 20% OFF|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

use a 100watt solder iron to clean up the cold solder joints.

all solider joints look alittle cold..Thats all I can see...ok when you hook a battery up to esc it will spark.now if it was gonna smoke it would no matter how fast you are ..more than likely the cap pack is what is causing the spark unless you get a spark limiting battery plug it will always.could you have melted any of the solder on your escs boards?
5 Pair Amass XT90S XT90 S Anti Spark Connector Male and Female Plug Housing for RC Lipo Battery DIY Racing Drone 20% OFF|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress
At closer look the solder on the right side may be touching the board thank you! I’ll give it a look