RC cleaning / agenda rebuild.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbaker65

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
After a few years of no rc-ing ,an coming back to it ,it as been a bit of a horror seen of neglected
vintage RC's laying in a shed collecting dust & rotting away ,however ,this past year & half ,I been
doing some cleaning & maintenance to some of them to get them in running order ,I have even
somewhat cleared out unwanted junk out of the shed for room for some them ,some of them I
just dont have the desire to run anymore because of their rarity an parts are hard to find ,but they
will need to be bagged an store safely in the shed ,tires need to come off as well & bagged.
I had 2 sets of MT tires literally rot ,they are expensive to replace ,but will replace them!
My goal is to bring back my first old basher MT ,So I am going buy new tires for it an later
a bigger engine for it!
Didnt know where to start this thread ,so I will put it here as a agenda project!..:cool:

A peak inside the shed!

After a few years of no rc-ing ,an coming back to it ,it as been a bit of a horror seen of neglected
vintage RC's laying in a shed collecting dust & rotting away ,however ,this past year & half ,I been
doing some cleaning & maintenance to some of them to get them in running order ,I have even
somewhat cleared out unwanted junk out of the shed for room for some them ,some of them I
just dont have the desire to run anymore because of their rarity an parts are hard to find ,but they
will need to be bagged an store safely in the shed ,tires need to come off as well & bagged.
I had 2 sets of MT tires literally rot ,they are expensive to replace ,but will replace them!
My goal is to bring back my first old basher MT ,So I am going buy new tires for it an later
a bigger engine for it!
Didnt know where to start this thread ,so I will put it here as a agenda project!..:cool:

A peak inside the shed!

Dude that is a pickers paradise. Keep up the cool videos.

Yeah, that looks like a gold mine of stuff hiding in there.

If you hose that stuff down with WD40 it may freshen up some of those tires. And it will dissipate water too 😉

My very first MT AE. MGT. is going back together!..:cool:
However ,I need to purchase new tires an a bigger engine ,but will use what I have
for temporary to get it going!..:thumbs-up:

a bigger engine for it!

A peak inside the shed!

Dude the hoist and jack are awesome 👍👍 the shed is like a rc jack yard I love it 😉🤣 I actually got a THC spring pipe on my Tmaxx🤣🤣👍👍👍 truck chassis looks good man can't wait to see all back together well done sir👍👍

baker - inside that shed makes me want to swim upstream and spawn! Somewhere in there is the Kyosho pull start recoil I need!

baker - inside that shed makes me want to swim upstream and spawn! Somewhere in there is the Kyosho pull start recoil I need!
Oh sh*t that rite your the one looking for the kyosho recoil. Sorry I couldn't remember. I found a few kyosho recoil. Whats the part number or RC it's off of again? If you have it off hand....🤔👍👍
I can't find one for the torq 16 for the duratrac rebuild.. might have to take a SH 18 out of the redcat I have that I don't run and change the engine out. Need a right turn nitro header for it... and can make the 18 work

I don't know that for sure. I have the owners manual on it and it has every part number listed but it. From my research, best I can tell is either a 74521-12Z or a 74101-08 but I am not certain on either one. I can take pictures and measure. I somehow found a Hobby Shop phone number that had some old inventory, the gal seemed really sharp on her business. This one is red, and she said "it obviously don't have to be red, but that - that kinda told her how old it is"

I don't know that for sure. I have the owners manual on it and it has every part number listed but it. From my research, best I can tell is either a 74521-12Z or a 74101-08 but I am not certain on either one. I can take pictures and measure. I somehow found a Hobby Shop phone number that had some old inventory, the gal seemed really sharp on her business. This one is red, and she said "it obviously don't have to be red, but that - that kinda told her how old it is"
What kyosho I will look up manual. Match to what I found

Kyosho Nitro Viper GT .16 Boat

Attachments

• Nitro Viper .16 Manual.jpg
    Nitro Viper .16 Manual.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 49
Back