RC Car/Truck Stand

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nautcasprt6

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I was just snooping around and didnt see much on the forums lately for a stand. Knowing myself, I am still waiting on delivery for my Revo 3.3 and I can't help but look into buying accessories already.
I came across this stand which is cheap ($11) and looks to be perfect.

DTXC2370%211001-101114_d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't have a truck stand but something i would like to make soon is a stand out of pvc pipe. There cheap to make and you can spray paint it any color you want. Something like this:

Stand1.jpg

Stand.jpg

WOW Rolex, the Stand Even makes my eyes bleed.....VERY NICE!!

Very nice indeed. But I don't think everyone has access to a machine shop. I am assuming you do Rolex, but theres a saying about that. When you assume you make an a** of u and me. I wish my shop would let me do things like this but there pretty tight on that kind of stuff and with 3 shifts theres never really machines not in use for pruduction.

When I took a welding class in school, I welded together two stands from 1/8 inch steel. I think they could even support my 1-ton. :thumbup:

Well I was just snooping around and didnt see much on the forums lately for a stand. Knowing myself, I am still waiting on delivery for my Revo 3.3 and I can't help but look into buying accessories already.
I came across this stand which is cheap ($11) and looks to be perfect.

http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/store/DTXC2370%211001/PIT+TECH+DELUXE+CAR+STAND+BLUE

That stand looks pretty good.

If only stuff was that cheap over here. The best stand I could find (within AUS), was this one, costing $135 AU.

16200[1].jpg

Anyone know what the shipping costs to AUS are? I want that stand!
Depending on freight...

I'm liking NitroRC4Life's idea for using PVC piping - Ingenious.
If I can't find a decent cheapy, I'm taxing his idea. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
nautcasprt6 the only way that stand works with the revo is if tiy take the wheels off everytime you use it. i have it. works well with the electrics but not for the big boys.lol see if rolex well get his erector set out and build you a stand like his j/k rolex its looks sweet . or a cinder block works for me.

I also have that blue plasting stand for working on cars when I need to rotate them around. It's pretty sturdy and it has that tray for the parts and screws you take off.
It used to support my 18 lb. Savvy with no problem.

DTXC2370%211001-101114.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

That aluminum stand looks great, but no way is it worth $135 when my machined alloy, folding, adjustable, bling stand only cost $50.

Last edited:
Oh, that's true. Brand new but out of a hobby shop auction, I believe.
Still, the one for 135 is not machined, just sheet bent with a break.

Last edited:
NitroRC, thats what I will be doing.
The thread on the build and parts can be found here.... DIY RC Car/Truck Stand PVC Revo Stand