RC car battery charger limits

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoMamaLlama

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Flying
Hey, I have a dynamite prophet sport mini, 2 3300 mah 8.4 V batteries, and two 3000 mah batteries. Can you charge more than one of these batteries with a splitter? (Like theOliYin 6X EC3 Connector to 4mm Banana Plug Parallel Adapter Battery Charging Cable 26cm) and if so, how many can you charge at once? And how many amps to charge would be good?

And actually, lately, I have been thinking of a new charger that can charge/discharge, and read battery percentage. Would it be worth just keeping this charger? Or get a newer one?

Last edited:
Not possible I believe, you need to charge them separately. LiPos can be charged through a parallel board, but that's not the safest, but it works as long as the LiPos are exactly the same.

You would be better off with a more capable charger, it's one of the areas you don't want to skimp on.

I have been thinking of a new one, any suggestions? I have been looking at this one.
I wouldn't get that, it's very generic and it's only 50 watts! Try to aim for 100w per channel so it's somewhat future-proof, but not too expensive.

I'm guessing your current packs are NiMH? I think the 1C charge rate is relatively universal between NiMH and Lipo, so you don't want to charge faster than 1C, mah/1000=amps. So the 3300 could take 3.3A and the 3000 could take 3A. Maybe 4A... but I wouldn't push it too much.

Are they sub-c packs or 2/3A? Got a link to the packs you have? I'm guessing sub-c with 3000/3300mah.

According to this, 1C may be a bit advantageous...
https://www.powerstream.com/NiMH.htm

The only NiMH's I've used were AA cells for various things around the house, my transmitters and glow heaters. I charge them usually at .5A-1A which even at 1A is less than .5C since they are all 2100mah-2300mah cells.

Depending on what your running them in, you could likely start using lipo's in it. :)

Back