RC camera suggestions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottOffRoadRC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for camera suggestions. I want to to put a camera inside my SCX10, A gopro would work, but it takes way to much time to disassemble the interior to set it in, then to take it out. What do you use?

@ScottOffRoadRC I don't know about the others, but GoPro is where it's at man.
I agree that the GoPro is a good foundation. However, it takes 6 screws to take the interior out of my Gladiator, so about 30 minutes and a large risk to strip or lose screws. I am hoping for something I can install and run off the RC battery, then bluetooth or remotely download the videos.

You’re pretty much stuck with a GoPro or something GoPro sized as all the cheap action cams copied the basic design for accessories sake. The other option would be an FPV camera setup with DVR functionality. But I’m not sure it would be that much smaller than the GoPro option.

I've had 3 different onboard video cameras.. the best 1 was a bike cam.. it was a tube shape like a roll of pennies...about 1/4 oz. then I had a small cube about 1" x 1" it was ok decent sound..Then a Go pro 6..by far the biggest and heavies camera.. easiest to mount.

Thanks for the input. I have mixed results with GoPros. However, the biggest issue is where I need to mount it. It is simply inaccessible unless I go full butcher on the interior. I think I am going to experiment with a FPV set up permanently mounted in the cab. Again thank you!

Back