Ran the Maxx with no problems at all woo hoo!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all,
I took the T Maxx out today and ran it for over 20 minutes new record for me lol I have ran it for a total of about 10 minutes and broke it twice. It was a blast I was throwing rooster tails everywhere on the loose dirt in the empty lot next to mine I loved it!!!!!! It needs some fine tunning was a little slugish but still was so much fun. I want to get another nitro Rc now lol. Tomorrow I'm taking my son and his Rustler out to run our trucks, going to try some small jumps with the Maxx :) Ill try to get some pics and post them. Thank you all who have helped me with parts and information with out the people from RCNT I would have never gotten this far !!! You guys are all good people and I consider you my friends. :violen: lol thanks again RCNT Is the Best forum EVER!!!!!

I am glad to hear your MT is out and about just be carful with that body its awsome Its good to hear u are taking your son out to bash with u well have fun and dont let him hit any poles.

lol I think his Rustler would just bounce off that pole that thing is tuff I've bashed it hard and never broke anything on it. Its a sweet little electric truck, I think I want to get a nitro ruslter next not sure though I will have to part with something to sell on ebay to make some $$$ to get one lol For now ill just have fun with the Maxx. Thanks for the compliment on the body it was fairly east to do so if I crash it I can always do it again :).

Rolex said:
GREAT news, Jesse. Thank you. I'll take the rest of the night off. :thankyou:

Sounds good but we need you here bright and early tomorrow lol :jk:

Thanks again for helpimg me tune it so it would run. It was a little sluggish I think it was running a little lean so I will work with it tomorrow anyway thanks again but I really feel like I'm going to hurl :puke: haha

If it's sluggish, it usually means it's too rich. But, in colder weather, that's not always the case.
If it's mostly sluggish on the take off, it's the LSN. WOT it's the HSN.
Determine which one needs to be adjusted, then just do ONE a little at a time till it improves. It it has an adverse effect, return it to the starting point, then adjust the other way. Just make sure it's at running temp before you adjust anything.
When it's running like a rocket, I don't want to see a thread by you that will make me hurl. lol

hehe ok Ill do that I'm pretty sure its the HSN it take off fairly good them takes awhile to really wind up but it ran pretty consistant and never died :)

Jesse!!! good job man. Dont crash tomorrow and snap it in half.... LOL

Congrats jesse Now go out and have a load of fun this weekend...
And stay away from the poles :cheers:

Right about now Rolex feels like a dad watching his boy ride his two wheeler bike for the frist time without training wheels. Great job Jesse. And i agree, sounds like your a little rich on the top end, but any lean adjustments you do make sure they are in 1/16th of a turn, after engine is fully warmed up.

Got a genuine chuckle out of me with that remark, Revo Rancher.
If Jesse makes it through tomorrow, I'll be glowing with pride.

WOO HOO Jesse rides again!!!
now I'm gonna go to the track and play buggy time...

Rolex said:
Got a genuine chuckle out of me with that remark, Revo Rancher.
If Jesse makes it through tomorrow, I'll be glowing with pride.

Ill make ya proud pa!!!!! lol

Well that S.O.B broke again ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The pull start cord broke off and its brand new man, I'm not having any luck at all with this damn thing I'm tempted to just get rid of it!!!! My sons and I went to the lake and I never even got it started luckly we had the trusty Rustler with us and we had fun with it. Oh well guess when I get the $$$ I will fix it and see what happens, mabe this will be the end of its problems lol.

Yeah I was thinking of doint that It just so frustrating it keeps breaking on me!!!!! I havent got to enjoy it much at all since I got it I spend more time fixing it than I do driving it. I did buy it used mabe I almost have all the kinks worked out :)

eventually you will and then you reach a zen state where butterflies land on you while you are driving your RC....and the purple rain washes you clean of all the dirt and mud you stand in while at the track....

LOL man what have you been smoking and why arent sharring :smoke: I'm thinking of trying to possibly trade it for a Savage what do you think? I have bunch of other stuff I put on the for sale/trade forum so I can try getting one and keeping the maxx :)

Pm me your address Plaidfish I lost it, so I cand send those wheels to you monday :)

Back