Ramp help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The nitro matt

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I want to build a ramp with a few bricks and some wood boards, should I build a down slope on the other end to reduce impact or just let it land on grass. I have a 1/8 madwarrior nitro truggy by exceed

It will be safer to build the slope but dirt and grass won't affect soo much

Here ya go ,my ramp build!...:p

upload_2017-1-13_18-35-43.png

upload_2017-1-13_18-36-13.png

101_0281.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-13_18-35-14.png
    upload_2017-1-13_18-35-14.png
    936.6 KB · Views: 116
Dont even know how to reply to that to be honest

For air purpose only!...:D

101_0283.jpg
image hosting site no sign up

What truck you used, can a t-maxx handle it???

The tmaxx can handle it ,if landed right ,there is room for guiding the truck into a smooth landing.
It has a slight swoop upwards to do flips!

I built the ramp one day out of a wimb ,an just off the top of my head ,it was a
easy build an anyone can scale it down some.
The sides is wafer board cut in a curve an 2x4's to frame sides with a 1/4'' ply on top.
1/4'' ply bends easy to form!

Last edited:
For air purpose only!...:D

101_0283.jpg
image hosting site no sign up

The tmaxx can handle it ,if landed right ,there is room for guiding the truck into a smooth landing.
It has a slight swoop upwards to do flips!

I built the ramp one day out of a wimb ,an just off the top of my head ,it was a
easy build an anyone can scale it down some.
The sides is wafer board cut in a curve an 2x4's to frame sides with a 1/4'' ply on top.
1/4'' ply bends easy to form!
That is really nice

Nice, i never heard of it but is that 1/0 scale parts on it? Like the drill start being in the side and exaust being short, or that's the way it's made?

yo nitro matt

Last edited:
Oh i see it now, that's what you meant by ae, okay okay

The t-maxx/MGT have similar suspension, size of parts as well in that regard. However, the core the the MGT is built a lot tougher than a t-maxx, so it can handle the shocks bottoming out and the chassis slapping the ground more than the maxx can. The maxx tends to buckle and break chassis rails, skid plates and bulkheads on big air without a lot of upgrades.

The t-maxx/MGT have similar suspension, size of parts as well in that regard. However, the core the the MGT is built a lot tougher than a t-maxx, so it can handle the shocks bottoming out and the chassis slapping the ground more than the maxx can. The maxx tends to buckle and break chassis rails, skid plates and bulkheads on big air without a lot of upgrades.
I see

Start off on a low incline to get used to how to control the car in the air, then increase as you feel comfortable. A good nitro RC is surprisingly resilient.