Radio Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockey

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just got a hyper St Mini 12 which i love but on 5 occasions it seems to run off and doesn't control from the controller just spent the last hour fixing the diff rod and front suspension plate

Why does it run off is it to do with the control why??

it cannot be range problem cus it did it in my back garden only 5 meters wide

Have you cut the length of the receiver antenna down? Have you broken off part of the transmitter antenna? Are you using "AA" batteries or a receiver pack? Are you using a failsafe? How about a throttle return spring?

First thing: Get a failsafe. Never, ever run without one!

I learnt that today to get a failsafe where would be a good place to get one?

i havnt touched that antennia using standard AA Batteries,

The Trottle return Spring looks ok but could be that

Well if it is running off under full power then the throttle return spring isn't ok--it needs to return the carb to idle.

You can get a failsafe at any LSH or any online retailer. Just do a search for RC failsafes. I like the Venom failsafe http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHUH6&P=ML but Ofna, Duratrax, and Dynamite make good ones as well.

Look into a receiver pack for your application. A receiver pack is typically 1500 mAh and will help tremendously. It will most likely use a hump style five cell pack that would sit in the same spot as your "AA" holder.

Last edited:
yea sound like its locking in at full throttle its not good but i'll sort it out defatley ording a fail safe seen a hump back charger fopr £18 worth an investment

If the servo is getting a signal to open to full throttle, the throttle return spring will not stop it.
You need to find out why it's doing it, without starting the engine.
Solving the problem is your first priority. A fail safe is a back up.

So if its jamming was the common things that make it stick?

Check the linkage and make sure it is not contacting anything in it's travel. I am willing to bet you have a battery issue, but may as well look around while you are at it.

Also, if the linkage looks ok you can try removing the horn from the servo. Then run the servo to full throttle then full brake. If it catches then the internal gears are binding up.

that doesn't sound good lol tbh i'll have a look at it tomorrow spent enough time fixing all the bent pieces lol

Right now it is all speculation. We are giving you things that it COULD be and you need to eliminate them one at a time. Good luck and let us know of your progress!

i will do thanks guys sound advice i'll keep on posting and tell you how i get on

Back