Radio interference?? 27mhz radioshack car vs. 27.095 ofna radio.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, I was wondering if I get an ofna radio that is like 27.095 for the frequency. Will the neighbor kids little radioshack rc cars affect the radio signal? I am not talking about long distance, I am talking about if I go up close to their cars.... I am asking this becuase most radioshack cars are either 49mhz, or 27mhz. Thanks
-Pat (redhatman)

somebody has to have a radio shaq rc, common we won't make fun of you if you do...I wanna sell this radio and redhatdude wants to buy it....

lol, ... this radio better not be broken, or else...

I was using it until last week, I now have my JR radio and haven't had time to install the JR yet. So I don't need the OFNA one anymore...

ask anybody I've done busness with, thigs are exactly as described. I hate being screwed so I odn't do it to other people.

yea...I believe you. There are a lot of very honest people here at RCNT... but thats just my 2 cents lol :2cents:

redhatman said:
lol, ... this radio better not be broken, or else...

Dude VB is one man I whould buy from any day..
With out question..
You are dealing with a stand up member and a very good man! There is my :2cents:

It doesn't matter who makes the radio, If two radio's are on the same channel and the freq is the same, It will interfere. Just have to check the channel.

RatzoRC said:
It doesn't matter who makes the radio, If two radio's are on the same channel and the freq is the same, It will interfere. Just have to check the channel.

I know that...But I was wondering becuase are those cars just 27 mhz, or do they have more numbers after that like the ofna does with 27.095. Thanks
-Pat (redhatman)

For radio freq there normally is a "guard band" to separate the next freq. If you buy from the same manufacturere they will stick to this but other types then the standard RC's like sears or the Radio shack type than they have different ones.

That I don't know.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just install a failsafe anyway.

yea, I am going to install this on my elecric car anyway, so it wont go as fast as it would if it were on my RC10GT.

Some of you thing you can't have an electric car, but belive me...you can. I dont know what interfered but my TT-01 sure didnt listen to me.

redhatman said:
I dont know what interfered but my TT-01 sure didnt listen to me.
Probably got tired of listening to your "2 cents"

It got tired of being slapped around... It didnt like your driving, so it started not listening.

I have the same problem with my 3 cars. All of them are 27 Mhz, but a different actual freq like 27.095, .195, etc and all 3 of them will pick up interference from my sons Radio Shack style 27mhz controller. I don't think the Radio Shack controller is exact, and probably covers a much wider spectrum.

so from what I'm hearing, the best thing to do is just not buy a 27.blah radio right?

either that, or smash the radio shack car with a savage or something. hop on radio shacks website and see if you can get the exact frequency of the car. it is a 27.xxx they just dont tell you the .XXX with cheap cars like that.

Back