Radio for Violator RTR (Advice Needed)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericke1

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking to upgrade the radio of my Ofna Violator 9.5. I already upgraded the steering servo and will keep the standard throttle servo on the car. Any ideas on what radio (that can store memory) is good, FM preferrable, and my budget is around $120. I've rounded up the following:

1. The Airtronics MX-3 3 Channel FM with 1 servo for $99.99;
2. The Futaba 2PL 2-Channel AM for $61.99;
3. The Hitec Aggressor 3-Channel FM for $77.99.

Any other ideas? What is the best from my choices or is there another one I should consider?

or get the JR XR2 radio for 99.99 h as 1 good metal gear servo..and another regular servo..

Where can I get the JR

I can't find the radio on tower hobbies, anywhere else I can get the xr2? Is it better than the Mx-3?

i think for the price.. and for the servos.. yes.. you can go to horizon hobby website.. and they should have it..

Jr Xr2

Thanks, I found the radio on Horizon Hobbies but it is an AM radio. I really dont care about the servos because I have them, so on a 1-1 comparison, since the price is identical, is the Airtronics Mx-3 Channel FM better for 99.99 or the JrXr-2 AM for 99.99?

uhh.. the MX3 is on FM.. so i would go with the MX3

Back