radio flysky gt3b failsafe question!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Cadereyta

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hello, i recently buyed a flysky radio and receiver, model fs gt3b 2.4ghz

but in the receiver says that it has failsafe, now my question is
how do i activate the failsafe and how can i be sure that its working,
or what is the function of that type of failsafe, is these the kind that when the signal is lost it puts on the brakes?

i install this receiver on a revo but i have problems with the opti drive, with the original trx receiver it works well, but with this new receiver it doesn't works (doesn't accelerate or shift reverse) it only moves the steering, is this normal?
i have to quit the opti drive to use this new radio system, but should i use the trx original tq3 system?

questions:

1, how do i activate the failsafe that supposedly its integrated in the receiver?

2, how can i prove the failsafe?

3, its normal that the opti drive doesn't work with these kind of receiver or the problem isspecifically this brand of receiver?

4, is this a good radio system, or should i return to trx radio system tq3?

thanks, nice day nitro runners!!: D

from what iv heard the opitdrive protect against low voltage... (personally iv never had a signal loss in 10+ gallons of fuel....) and iv heard people have problems with the opti drive and just remove it. best option is to put forward only conversion in if u dont use reverse too much. if u do still want reverse tho... u have to make sure the truck is completely stopped otherwise it will rip ur tranny to pieces (gear wise) as the optidrive just protect that from shifting while moving. when u remove it it will shift when ever u tell it to.

1) Here is the manual for your radio, it should have failsafe stuff in it. Translation is poor at times but you should be able to figure it out. I use a separate ofna failsafe so never tried the FlySky one. GT3B manual.

2) Prove the failsafe by turning the transmitter off while the car is still on. Should apply brakes (if you set it that way).

3) Yes, optidrive is poopoo, pull it out and throw it in the garbage. Plug the throttle servo directly into the receiver as it should be. FS failsafe will not work w/ optidrive, it has it's own failsafe built in.

4) Yeah, the FS GT3B is a awesome radio for $40, or even for $150 it would still be great. Check out this thread for more info on your radio. FlySky GT3B You can make it even better and have more options by having it reprogrammed (around $30-40, or DIY). Look for "GT3B hacking" information.

Hope this helps :D

You press and hold the small button on the RX next the the LED. While your holding the button down (takes a small screwdriver or toothpick etc) take you TX and hold the trigger on full brake. While holding the full brake let go of the button on the RX and it should blink (I think twice?) Once you do that its set. The TX needs to be bound to the RX first. Once youve done that you can test it by holding teh kit off the bench and give it some throttle and while the wheels are spiing turn off your TX.....if its set properly the instant you turn the TX off the kit to go into full break mode and stay that way untill the TX is turned back on.

hi, now I've programed the failsafe and its working, and i eliminated the optidrive, so this radio system works on my revo, now i solved all my problems and answered all my questions thanks you to all

thanks for your time to answer my questions

greetings,from cadereyta, jim, nl, mex, ramiro a leal

well, the thing is that the opti drive has 2 leds on it,
sensor led (blue)
function led (green, red)

when i have the optidrive plugged with the trx rx, the function led lights up solid green
and when i plug it into the new receiver, the function led does not light up any color
just the sensor led lights up, and of course, it doesn't function the throttle and shift servo, only steering, i can't program it, because of this, but i think that the optidrive, is like a failsafe for the rx batteries,
and the integrated in the fs-gt3b rx, is failsafe for loss of signal, i am thinking very seriously
to definetively quit the optidrive.

i think that is more probably to damage a vehicle, because the loss of signal, than the rx bat, because when your batteries are dead, you can sense it, because in the servo response is getting (slow) i can nicely tell when my revo is running out of batt, but i will never be able to tell when I'm going out if signal, until it just doesn't respond to the tx,

i think is more convennient for me to have in use the failsafe integrated in fs-gt3b (signal loss) than the batt detector (optidrive) system

Last edited:
The Opti-Drive is not known to work and play well with other Radios and failsafes.