Race Season '09

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lessen

Super Awesome!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Thank goodness, it's finally here. I dont' know about you other race fans but my "new year" starts with the Rolex 24 :)

Just thought I'd start a 1:1 racing thread for us to chat about all disiplines for this year. Just a couple more hours :thumbup:

depends on what kind of racing it is to me....i watch super cross religiously....not too much into any of the on road racing.

I'm chomping at the bit. I don't watch as much of the other serieses. I tend to focus mainly on NASCAR and F1. I'm surprised there hasn't been much on TV yet. I just realized the 24 hrs is this weekend so I'll probably watch some of the night shift tonight. I'm hoping Speed will break down and show some NASCAR footage soon. It's only 2 weeks until the Bud Pole Shootout, and 3 weeks until the 500. Gotta get my jones going soon!

Formula One, baby!!! It is fun to watch a race that doesn't get called because of a 'lil rain...

Pit, put on the rain tires, keep racing!!!

The only racing I pay attention to is the nitro off road racing, can't wait for the season to start.

Supercross/Motocross fan here...I may live in NASCAR country, but it bores me to tears. lol

Formula One, baby!!! It is fun to watch a race that doesn't get called because of a 'lil rain...

Pit, put on the rain tires, keep racing!!!

I can't wait to see the new cars race. IMO they are NOT AT ALL as sexy looking as the 08's but they look like they will allow for more entertaining pack racing. Very wild looking with the huge front wing. Should be very entertaining to watch. Too bad there is no GP in N.A. this year... boo!

I don't know if anybody else is watching but I just noticed that Traxxas has their logo on one of the FarnbacherLoles Porsche GT3 cars. You see it when the coverage goes to the cars forward view. Very interesting considering Traxxas is nowhere near competitive or even active in r/c on-road racing.

I'm no where near the NASCAR fan I once was. The Chase imo began the decline of the sport, and now with that choad C.O.T. I have all but lost interest in NASCAR. I'll be going back to my first love in racing NHRA. Nothing like 7000+ hp going 0-325 in 4.5 seconds, now that's power!

Can't wait! Like Lessen, the season starts for me at the 24. I have the Super Bowl next Sunday... then NASCAR finally gets underway. Hopefully Jr can repeat his win from a year ago... and maybe just a few more during the regular season this year!! I am also with NC... the COT may be safer for the driver which is good... but as far as the racing goes... it sucks. When Jeff Gordon can't win a race because the car sucks... you have a problem.

I agree with the idea that the COT has really hurt the racing. However, considering the current economic climate, it couldn't have happend at a better time. Also, if any of you saw the Michael McDowel crash from last year... well, I don't think you could argue that the COT may be the absolute safest race car in the world.

with the big tuner wings and front valance, whats next, those toilet bowl mufflers that make a tuner sound like a moped on roids.

those toilet bowl mufflers that make a tuner sound like a moped on roids.

Drive a titsed out tuner with a nice exhuast and you will fall in love with that sound!!!

Drive a titsed out tuner with a nice exhuast and you will fall in love with that sound!!!

Even though I drive a "tuner"able car I don't think there is anything about that sound that would make me fall in love. The only tuner engine sound that is exciting to me is a rotary. Listen to those RX-8's on t.v. right now. That's just awesome IMO.

i personally hated the 4 banger sound for along time but if you have an engine that wont red line till 8k it changes it all if you are the driver imo.

It's like you guys are trying to communicate with me but all I'm hearing is:

View attachment 7164

What the hell is COT anyway?

Now I know how you felt in that linux help thread in general chaos. :(

Last edited:
LMAO, no doubt amoeba.

COT=Car Of Tomorrow. It's NASCAR's current body and chassis configuration in the Sprint/Nextel/Winston/Whatever Cup. It was designed to be safer. Stronger. Cheaper. And to encourage closer racing.
So far it has been cheaper. Safer. Stronger. And by all accounts drives like a loaf of banana bread with 4 wheels. I haven't heard one good review of it all of last season.

Former NASCAR chassis:
jeff-gordon-car.jpg

NASCAR COT:
RW_2008_7_2_2008_DOV_24_(3).jpg

Cmon Jeff... if you're gonna link an example of the old car at least link a good one.

31034867.jpg

McMurray1.jpg

There ya go. I'll have to troll around again when they come back to Watkins Glen to see if I can get more pics of their show cars.