Race Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

NitroWannabe

RCNT Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm getting an Kyosho Inferno 7.5, the kit that comes with the engine, which I figure will be good enough for learning the car, doing some bashing, and possibly a backup engine. But something tells me I'll want a more powerfull engine here in a few weeks. Hi, my name is Jason and I'm a speed freek. So I figure I might as well start researching it now :)

Here are some of the engines I'm looking at
HPI Nitro Star Pro .21R SC - 2.3 hp - $335
OSI .21 RX-V01B - 2.5 hp - $290
Trinity/Picco XP-21 - 2.2 - $300

if it begins snowing in hell I or I get an unexpected bonus I might consider a ...
Trinity Rossi Black Magic - 2.8 hp - $420
... but other than that I don't think I'm willing to spend that much for an engine.

Which would be the best? why? and I'm also open for suggestions within the $300ish price range.

I've owned a total of 2 engines, so I'd really appreciate your feedback/experiences. Thanks.

kyle5050

RCNT Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
If I were you I'd get the ofna/picco o-1 comp. Its around 230 bucks, and its a true picco engine. It has great power, and is a great engine. Mine holds a tune and has great power even w/ it running very rich(I'm a little paranoid)lol. You will not be dissapointed with this engine. Its a great engine for any buggy.

Hunter

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ofna also makes a .25 that will fit in your buggy. I'm running one now and it holds a tune well. The next engine I'm looking at is the upcoming Fantom .21, if it runs as well as there .12 and .15 it should be a good racing engine.

kyle5050

RCNT Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The ofna .25 would not be a good engine for racing because it is not legal for racing. You can also get more power with a picco or rossi mill. I think the fantom is gonna be one to watch when it comes out. I have heard many good things about the .15, and if its anything like that it'll be fast.

Jokeman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I havent seen any reviews on it yet. But after seeing a ported Fantom 15 go I would like to see their .21:D

bloodredmaxx

RCNT Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I heard the o.s. rx's run extremely well. I have always used the concept you get what you pay for and if you buy an o.s. you wont regret it!