R/C tool box what does every body use at home/track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big specht

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking for some thing that has enough room to carry enough stuff for two cars and spare parts and fuel . I have saw some body used a plastic black and decker tool box with slide out compartments, I like that idea but I'm looking for input on what every body else uses too. SO post up the pics and where you got them THANKS

I use three lift n lock's. One is my on-road race parts cart, one has my offroad stuff and the third houses all of my paint supplies. However, one of these days I'mgoing to invest in an actual hauler bag I can put my cars and other gear in as well. That would negate the need for one box. On second thought, that one will probably end up housing more paint supplies.

Keep in mind that I run 5th scale RC's.

I use a Stanley Fatmax Rolling Workshop for tools and spare parts.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

I also use 3 individual organizers. 1 has generic parts such as screws, bearings, clutch parts etc that work for either my 5ive or Baja's. 1 has parts exclusive to the 5ive and 1 has parts exclusive to the Baja.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Back in my 8th and 10th scale days I used a similar setup only much smaller using a Plano Stow-N-Go setup.

This isn't the exact one I have, but it will give you the idea. I would have once removable stowaway box per RC. Top would be for tools and misc. spare parts.

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-1354-StowAways-Graphite-Sandstone/dp/B000OES590/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

That Faxmax from Stanley looks to be the winner, I like it!

The bottom of the Fatmax will fit 2 of the individual organizers.

This is what I use. Holds 3 RCs including my XXL, a gallon of fuel, a TX case with 2 TXs, and my backpack which holds all of my tools, spare parts, batteries, rotostart, plugs, temp gun, 2 fuel bottles, and anything else I can think to throw in there. lawl

2uzeyab.jpg

I use a normal fishing tackle box.. has 3 large levels and i can carry all my extra parts , roto start . all essential rc parts and items and tools.. but i dont have anything to carry my RC it self unforunnately.

I used the Fatmax during my nitro days. Carried everything except my truck.

i have all i need for an outing in a kincrome tool bag. it has solid walls and has enough room on the outside to hold my ez start, a refill fuel bottle which i normally fill, temp gun and a few other extras. then i bought a couple small changeable compartment boxes that just fit in it, 3 of those holding bearings and all the other bits and pieces and also fits my transmitter and also 1L of fuel. and i just carry the car in the other hand, also has 2 straps that u can either put over ur shoulder or carry

Last edited:
I use a fat max style toolbox for my tools, temp gun, EZ Start,towels, WD40 etc, I also have a parts bin box for replacement parts, it has fold out sides that open up to reveal smaller compartments. Then I have a small cardboard box that hold a gallon of fuel, small plastic cones and a 4'x4' piece of canvas for wrenching on .

one like that fatmax is what i was thinking I will have to stop at the local home depo and see if they have one

Nothing to special, harbor freight tool box, organized down to the T :D (hooray for ocd?) And then a husky tool carrier for outings, just something to carry my radio, batteries, and parts box.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1327460312900.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1327460312900.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 126
yep its good to plan ahead. but when you are 63, a heavy one box for every thing doesn't work. but for you young guys it might be fine.

My home setup is one of these from Craftsman:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00912733000P?prdNo=7&blockNo=32&blockType=G32

This hold my all of my gear and my tools for now until I upgrade. Then I have a toolbox that I'm sure some of the older guys would remember. It's a Kennedy machinist tool box that my brother got me as a gift. It holds all of the odds and ends and it also sits on top of my Craftsman box.

For the field which is not that far from my house, I use one of these:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00937546000P?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6

This has enough room for all the things needed for a day at the field: fuel, manuals, radios, batteries, temp gun and other goodies. I seen this tote and it does make things alot easier to transport when I go to the field. When I run the 5th scale I just bring a wagon becuase carrying that thing is just insane. LOL

i bought the FATMAX That was what I was looking for there is all kind of room in that thing THANKS

I'm like TRXAddict, I use a fishing tackle box. Since I don't use the Roto start anymore it will hold all my tools and spare parts my radio and my fuel bottle. i still have to carry my truck but it's no big deal.

i use a tuff mate. picked this up at a Kmart going out of business sale for $5.00! holds all my spare parts and fuel in the bottom, all my tools misc other stuff in the top tray, top is also a working vice( which does come in handy) and with a pull out handle and wheels. it's pretty easy for me to pull. and last but not least, it makes a good stand to sit my truck on when it's in the house !

Last edited:
Back