R/C racing tires filled with air pressure

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedoodle30

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Are there any R/C racing tires that are air filled for running on a variety of surfaces. If so, do they run nitrogen?

I've only ever seen people do it themselves by sealing the tires really well and putting air fittings on the wheels just for a gimmick.

Your best bet for doing what you want is to get a selection of foam and some beadlock Wheels and the tires that you want. That way you can change out the foams and change the handling of the tires to suit the needs that you will be running. Pneumatic tires are just a gimmick to get newbies to spend money on things they will throw away later

Your best bet for doing what you want is to get a selection of foam and some beadlock Wheels and the tires that you want. That way you can change out the foams and change the handling of the tires to suit the needs that you will be running. Pneumatic tires are just a gimmick to get newbies to spend money on things they will throw away later
I'm a Newbie for sure, maybe even a Probie. I'll save my money. I'd probably get leaks or a blow out and be stranded in the hills or something. I seldom carry a spare. Now I don't have to. Thanks.

You don't want air any ways. It will jus cause your car to bounce around. I remember some company trying to make that a big thing back in the 90's. It didn't take off at all. Foam is the best way to go.

...what if... for a drag car... running without foams? Would they maybe behave like wrinkle walls or just destroy the tire?

Back