Questions about the rustler.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erix920

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got a great deal on a Nitro Rustler, both of my friends didn't use them and I needed a 2.5 for my revo, I bought both for 50$ each.

What my question is, what can this car do compared to the revo? I noticed how incredible light it is compared to the revo. Should I use this car for the winter or my revo?

What about the battery option? Is there a mod so I can use a recharged battery, the whole 4*AA doesn't seem like a good idea.

What parts are known to be weak or easily breakable.

And my final question is about air filters. One of the cars I received was customized, it came with a huge air filter so I proceeded to put it on my revo. Is this okay to do? The air filter has a much large area, should this improve performance?

-Thanks

2 for 50$ thats a good deal. Id just say at that price to drive it like hell till it breaks. Compared to the revo you looking at 2 completly differnt types of cars.

I got a great deal on a Nitro Rustler, both of my friends didn't use them and I needed a 2.5 for my revo, I bought both for 50$ each.

What my question is, what can this car do compared to the revo? I noticed how incredible light it is compared to the revo. Should I use this car for the winter or my revo?

What about the battery option? Is there a mod so I can use a recharged battery, the whole 4*AA doesn't seem like a good idea.

What parts are known to be weak or easily breakable.

And my final question is about air filters. One of the cars I received was customized, it came with a huge air filter so I proceeded to put it on my revo. Is this okay to do? The air filter has a much large area, should this improve performance?

-Thanks

good price on the rigs, the rusty is a 2 wheel drive rig, and handles WAY different then the revo. it will teach you how to drive very quickly as the 2wd will be hard to control with a heavy trigger finger. you can fit a hump pack in the battery box ( same battery that fits a savage or t-maxx). the c hubs on the rusty are weak, as well as the rear tower. do NOT use the air filter. unless it is a RC style filter with the dense foam element. the "k&n" style ones dont block small enough bits and will kill your mill. the best filter for these rigs is a (motor saver) style barrel shaped filter with the dense inner and outer prefilter.

Just to clear things up, I bought two of these cars for 50$, not both for 50$, so in total, 100$.

Right now i'm charging my battery for the EZ starter, I take it as it hasn't been ran in a long time since it didn't start.

Anyway, the filter that I have has two foam things, one thick one with a hole through the middle, and the second one is really thin that goes over the top.

I can't wait to start using this bad boy :), from what i've heard these things destroy revo's in racing (Racing on a smooth surface straight).

the revo should have better handling even though it's heavier because it's 4wd. the nitro rustler is probably the worst-handling stadium truck made (I had one). still a fun truck to just mess around with...

But that because the tires are always in the air.

But that because the tires are always in the air.
No its because Traxxas is to worried about speed than they are handling. Look at the Jato. Its like a brick on wheels trying to steer that thing. But in a straight line, there fast as hell. If traxxas would meet speed and handling both half way, IMO theyd be alot better rigs.

are you looking to sell one of the rustlers??

Back