question on MIP 4n1 clutch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeter1255

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok I have the Mip clutch for my gt I put the spring around it now wen i put it on the fly weel it wont go down all the way, if i push it all the way it will push the spring off, now some guy told me to dremel down those thing on the fly weel that u hook the clutch on to but it wont go down watever i use to dremel it down wont do it and i tried like 3 differnt ones... all i get is those dumb sparks wen i trie to trim it down!!

So can anyone help me please.... waht am I doing right or wrong?

You can dremel them down, you can also tap the pegs with a hammer and that will make them go down. take it easy and be gental and you will get the pegs down.

You do have to either Dremel the pegs down or, as Tarant suggested, GENTLY tap them. You need to use a cutting wheel on the Dremel tool and deal with the sparks. Don't try to sand them or grind them, it's easier to cut them.

If the sparks present a problem, I suggest you try wearing the pictured safety gear:

SDinApron.jpg

I have the 4n1 on my GT; the others are spot-on. You have to tap down the pins, but not too far. If they won't tap down, borrow a dremel with a cut-away wheel, and take just-enough off. Then clean up the end as best you can.

thanks for the help I got it on thanks guys.

Back