Question about the Spektrum Firma 130A Brushless Smart ESC SPMXSE1130 iC5 Plug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridedasun

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Would I be able to install the Spektrum Firma 130A Brushless Smart ESC SPMXSE1130 iC5 Plug from a Losi Lasernut into my otherwise stock all original electronics Arrma Big Rock V3 to run a 4s lipo in it?
Thank you very much for your help ahead of time...

You can put it in your BRCC but you won’t be able to run 4s unless you want to explode the stock motor’s bearings. Upgrade to a 4068 2400kv motor to run 4s safely. This motor.

Nope 3200kv is way to many kv 4 four cells. To me 3200kv on 3 cells is way to many kv ..

Nope 3200kv is way to many kv 4 four cells. To me 3200kv on 3 cells is way to many kv ..
Yeah, that would exceed the RPM limit that it has. Also, it would overheat the motor quickly, a 40XX can is necessary.

Yes you can but as mentioned above 4s with the 3200kv is a bit much for the motor and will cause a lot of heat. As I said you can run it but I would check temps after about 5 mins and be very cautious. I run a Hobbystar 4068 2400kv in both my Granite and Bigrock on 4s which does great.

I would not run for 5 min then check temps. if your going to tempt faith then u better check temps frequently like 1 min then every 30 after . things heat up very fast not requiring minutes.

Personally Id buy a Castle motor over a Hobbystar but the others are right about upgrading motors to run 4S

Got it, thank you very much for the info. So if I bought the HobbyStar 4068 Brushless, Sensorless Motor, 2400KV, would it bolt right up in place of the stock motor, also would the Spektrum Firma 130A Brushless Smart ESC SPMXSE1130 then wire up and work with that motor and my original big rock v3 receiver and transmitter, even though I believe that esc came out of a Losi Lasernut?

Got it, thank you very much for the info. So if I bought the HobbyStar 4068 Brushless, Sensorless Motor, 2400KV, would it bolt right up in place of the stock motor, also would the Spektrum Firma 130A Brushless Smart ESC SPMXSE1130 then wire up and work with that motor and my original big rock v3 receiver and transmitter, even though I believe that esc came out of a Losi Lasernut?
The 2400kv has 6.5mm bullets so you'd have to do some soldering and change bullets or buy the version that comes with 4mm that will be a drop in but it only comes in like 1900, 2050 and 2650kv which I'd go with the 2050kv or 2650kv.

Thanks for the info. Couple more questions please, what about the shaft length of the Hobby Star being 20mm and the one on the Big Rock being 18.5mm? Also what about the difference in can diameters Big Rock's 36mm to Hobby Star's 40mm also I have that M2C Racing motor plate and chassis brace, if that makes any difference. Thanks again and I'm sorry if I sound like a total newbie with these questions but it's because I am, lol, this Big Rock is my 1st rc anything...

Thanks for the info. Couple more questions please, what about the shaft length of the Hobby Star being 20mm and the one on the Big Rock being 18.5mm? Also what about the difference in can diameters Big Rock's 36mm to Hobby Star's 40mm also I have that M2C Racing motor plate and chassis brace, if that makes any difference. Thanks again and I'm sorry if I sound like a total newbie with these questions but it's because I am, lol, this Big Rock is my 1st rc anything...
The extra length on the motor shaft won’t hurt, also, the bigger can diameter will still fit the mount since it has 36XX mounting holes on it. And, the M2C mount and brace will help a lot, it won’t bend. Ask Edough13 for more info as he has put a 4068 can in his BRCC.

The extra length on the motor shaft won’t hurt, also, the bigger can diameter will still fit the mount since it has 36XX mounting holes on it. And, the M2C mount and brace will help a lot, it won’t bend. Ask Edough13 for more info as he has put a 4068 can in his BRCC.
Thank you so much for all your help.

Back