question about the forum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So for some reason, I havent been able to figure out why. Half the time I can never tell when there are threads in a given forum that I've read or not for example lets say I log into the nitro foum because i see the bubble next to the forum is blue which would indicate there are new topic I havent read yet. So I log in there and I see 3 new threads. I know there new because they are in bold black text. now theortically when I click the botton at the top to go back to the main forum list that blue bubble should be grey because I've read everything new in there....most of the time it isnt. even if I refresh the screen most of the time it stays blue. this makes me think soone posted something after I read one of the threads so I go back in there but nothing....no new bold print threads....back out again and hit refresh....might trun grey, might stay blue.

Sometimes I'll log in and its the opposite, the bubble will be grey but I know there is a new post cuz I can see it off to the right so i click and go into the forum and I see there is a new post but the only reason I know its a new post is because I know it wasn't there the day before. What I mean is the post isnt in bold black letters like a new post should be.

All of this makes it really difficult for me to keep up with whats new and whats not. Do other experience this issue also or is it just me. It happens to me no matter what computer I'm on or what browser I'm using. Is this a known issue or is there just something about the way this process works that I'm not understanding? If anyone could shed a little light on this it would be appreciated.

you have to open the individual threads before they show read.

I just use the new posts button. i never go section by section.

I was going to say the same thing. The first thing I do after logging on is click the new post button.

New posts is how I found this one!! But I haven't logged in since June 2011, so my list is pretty long.

ok cool...I never noticed it before....Guess Ill have to check it out.

Yup, that's all I ever use.
It also helps to "Refresh" or "Reload" the current page and it will highlight new or read.

When you've read all you want to, click on "Quick Links" on the same line as "New Posts", then click "Mark Forums Read". Then, the next time you return to RCNT, only new posts will appear.

as all ways these cat know every thing. but not all forums this good. being older i dont like that deal where i have to type these words that are funny shaped, there are a number of places i WILL NOT go cause i can't do those weird words. there has to be a better way.

Back