• GIVEAWAY: ARRMA BIGROCK 4x4 RC and GIFT CARDS!!! ENTER NOW!!

Question about Spektrum Smart Charger and batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

NickWiggins

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased the Spektrum 3s power bundle and have a few questions and need advice please. Being newish to the hobby i decided on the "smart" bundle for best results and to ease into things as simply as possible! Through my own research I read that the 2100 smart charger paired with smart batteries has a factory default of 24 hrs for the battery to self discharge to proper capacity for storage. After a full charge I ran through one battery but had to call it quits before i got to my second. The charged battery has now sat for right at 72 hours but there is no change in capacity its still reading as fully charged. Anyone have experience with the Spektrum smart bundles that can offer any advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

tntpoof

Forgot more than most will ever know!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Ok 1st thing , are you sure you read that a spectrum smart cell battery will self discharge to storage after 24 hours?. if so then Id say its a faulty battery lipos dont self discharge Nixx cell do...now if you hooked it up to the smart charger in discharge mode Id say it will do that not sure the discharge rate of that charger. I'm not a spectrum fan after I was burnt by the sub-par radios back in the days the DX 3 r pro and 15 rxs..lol Oh what a burn I had..(pure garbage to me)
lipos dont self discharge with out some external discharge.
spectrum pure lies to end users like us (junk beyond junk)
at point 1 to 3 amps of discharge rate it would take 24 hours to discharge at battery at that rate heck a old brake light bulb has 5 amps (1157 both elements on)of discharge rate so that would almost e 1.66666 faster....I have a series of self dischargers that have been modded from the Nixx design..
you never leave a fully charged lipo danger danger..