question about Castle ESC's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tank45

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a brand new Castle copperhead esc lying around that I wanted to put in a SCT for racing. It is a sensored ESC so I am assuming I need to run a sensored motor. BUT does it have to be a castle brand motor? I can't seem to get a definitive answer. I am assuming it would be ok provided the motor I purchase is sensored?

Thanks

You can run both. I had min on a 2 pole team trinity.
I got the 2280kv. The Trinity is a 4450kv.

Hello all,
I have a brand new Castle copperhead esc lying around that I wanted to put in a SCT for racing. It is a sensored ESC so I am assuming I need to run a sensored motor. BUT does it have to be a castle brand motor? I can't seem to get a definitive answer. I am assuming it would be ok provided the motor I purchase is sensored?

Thanks
No tou don't have to run a sensored motor
You can run whatever you want as long as the esc can handle it. Brushless esc can also run both BL and Brushed. But a Brushed esc can't run both only Brushed. Just make sure you check the specs on the out put. And the motors voltage. If to big then you could have heat issues. You want to always try to have bigger esc then what the minimum would be. To be on safe side...

not dl ing a manual for info the maker should have put in product info. but many older brushless esc did this

Back