Question about axial ax10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyCrawler25

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have an axial ax10. I have four wheel steering soft springs on the front and I am using a bender custom chassis. The only problem I have is that I get a lot of body roll when I try and drive. Is there anything I can do to help eliminate this? I am building a new body to look like the truck I drive but when I try and go anywhere it leans to the left really bad. If you have any ideas on how to correct this please let me know

make or buy 4 link plates for the front and rear axle. take the 3link connector out, and install the 4 link plates (you ll need two of the servo mounting 4link plates considering you have 4ws). then install your upper links to the 4link plate.

move your lower links to the inside of the chassis, by modding the stock skid plate, or making a new one out of a wallyworld cutting board, or buying a derlin unit. EEM make a couple really nice skids setup to have the links inside the chassis as well as adds Trianglation to the lower links (rear or both front and rear depending on skid).

running the 4link plates, and doing the dual triangulation of all the links, will help alot to reduce torque twist (what your likely seeing. there are things you can do to work the shocks abit and help.

you can also run the tranny in a mirrored setup, and that can help rid you of a bit of tt.

yeah timmahh is right.....you wont completly get rid of torque twist but you can make it almost unnoticable by doing the things he listed.

ok, this might sound like a dumb question, but how do you mirror the transmission? I can fab my own servo mount/ 4 like connector but you lost me on the transmission part

flip the tranny. basically...to really mirror it you want to build it backwards, so the way it is stock with the spur and everything on the one side, you pop out the platic pieces on the opposite side and built it that way, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Back