? Quality of Traxxas "Power Cell" nimh battery packs ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandiegan

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Howdy all,

Bought a brand-new Slash 5 days ago that came with a Traxxas "power cell" 7-cell / 3000mah nimh pack in the package, as a RTR

After 5 charges or so, today the battery cut off unexpectedly while playing (no crashes). and wouldnt turn back on. Battery wouldn't charge either.

Figured out that if I squeeze the battery lengthwise, it works. But as soon as I let go, no power. I assume there is a loose connection in the battery pack?

Do you think its worth contacting Traxxas for replacing the battery under warranty or should I just throw this in the trash and forget about it? Looked it up i think its a $20 or $25 battery.

What all history do you guys have with Power Cells ??

I have 5 cycles so far on a Traxxas powerpack for my 1/16 slash, and it holds power well. They should replace it no trouble, from what I hear they are pretty decent about stuff like that.

Sounds like a fluke. I would contact traxxas, then get a quality pack elsewhere to get you up and running again. Always good to have a spare.

I spoke with Traxxas customer service today.

I guess they didn't believe me about the battery, because they asked me to send it in to their Texas headquarters, for inspection.

So I shipped it, we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
They're middle of the road, 3000mah packs. Not bad, not great. You could have saved yourself some down time by poppin' the pack apart, finding the broken tab or wire, and fixxing it yourself. The longest part would've been waiting for the iron to heat up.

true, it crossed my mind, but i dont want to deal with duct taping the battery pack back together after i slice it open. It wouldn't be the same. I paid for a brand new pack, run maybe 5 times i feel like i shouldn't have to run a ghetto-fab pack that is held together with electrical tape....

Back