Q's about trinity duel rate springs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calvin42

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
do i need all 8 or just 4 for the out sides? how do you have yours set up and how do you like them? does any body know the pounds on the little yellow springs i was going to get the associated tc3 yellow springs i think they were 35lbs and use the black springs in the back and the blue springs in front will this work?

I have them on my T-Maxx. I use the blue springs all around for now. They are a big improvement over the stock springs. I don't know the weight of the springs, but I can check the instructions when I get home to see if they say. I am thinking of changing to the black springs just to see how it lands on those. Using smaller springs up front might help on take-off. I might try that too.

The Trinity "Dual Rate" Springs look to be nothing more than a combination of single rate springs for a smaller RC. This is an interesting set-up, but not a true dual rate spring. The RC Raven set is what a true dual rate spring looks like. Single coil with more turns at one end than at the other. As far as I know the dual rate springs are awesome, but I prefer to stick with my own set-up. Trinity Blues on the front four and inside rear two. Trinity Blacks on outside rear corners. Gives me plenty of cushion on those rear first landings from big air.

Where can I find those trinity dual rates at.

Towerhobbies.com has them for about $8 for 4.

I have 4 Blue on the back and 4 stock on the front. I have the Traxxas Big Bore shocks with stock oil (~35wt) in the front and 50wt in the back.

This combo seems to work pretty well for me but I am still a newbie to this and just started experimenting.

The Trinity Blues really help a lot landing from jumps.

I was tempted by the Raven shocks on this page

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/

but so many people liked the Trinitys, I went that route.

Last edited:
I have not been able to find them...you might want to try the RC Raven set...they are in just about every online hobby store, and I would venture a guess that you might find a set or two at your LHS.

I checked Tower Hobbies and the dual rate set they have is for a TC 3. The set that was illustrated on the other site is a combination of these springs; as I mentioned before it is two springs per shock from a smaller RC. I have not seen any dual rates for the T-Maxx made by Trinity.

Last edited:
I thought the trinity dual rate springs were the ones that were cut in half with different tensions so that you have 2 different springs per shock and could have 2 different tensions.

Now that I learned this little tidbit I have the black dual rate springs. The have taken some massive jumps and asked for more.

The extra heavy springs (black) are not dual rate either. I have a pair of them on the outer two shocks on the rear of my truck.

As I said, the only dual rate shocks I have seen that are made by Trinity are a set of smaller springs that you pair up. They are a part of a shock called the Reflex. These shocks are for smaller RCs...total length of a set of these springs would be just about 1.5". The stock spring length for the T-Maxx is 3.0". This means it would take a total of four of these springs to make the distance.

The RC Raven's set is the only one that I have been able to easily find.

No, I mean the outer two. I have 6 of my shocks set up with Trinity Blue springs and 2 set up with Trinity Black. The outside shocks are the ones that are closest to the front or closest to the rear. The inside shocks are the ones closest to the center of the truck. Sooooo....my description of shock spring placement means that the rear most two shocks have Trinity Black springs on them.

All right...I understand that you are a little slower than most...still dragging those knuckles, but even this is beyond anything you are capable of. No more stupid questions or I'll lock you in a room with Matts and let you guys finger paint until you both feel better about each other...:trout:

Just give me a sledge =devil or a tanker bar =devil and I'll remedy the situation rather quickly!

8-0

I thinks Matts would benefit little from an introduction to a tanker bar...he is already damaged from hitting the brick walls a few times too many...:doh:

If you must wall to wall counsel someone, make sure you include a little face to floor time or boot to head time....you must spread the wealth or the floor and your boots might get jealous...

Back