putting antenna wire through plastic tube

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobbsunited

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
their has to be an easy way of putting antenna wire through plastic tube I've used fairy liquid and vasaline and still had trouble anyone got more ideas

I put a bit if olive oil and it went right in , smooth as can be.

I've never actually had problems, maybe I'm lucky, but you could try heating up the plastic tube at a very low temp just before it softens, expanding it. it may go in easier, but I've never tried. just a thought.

any type of talc works great...corn starch, baby powder, basically anything dry.
just put a little in your palm and rin the antenna thru it.

hi, rolex fairy liquid is washing up liquid, and also rolex what do you mean by windex and also thanx for the info everyone:yes:

I just got my first rc yesterday,and i was getting frusterated with the wire through the tube myself. Windex did help alot,but it seemed to not help whatsoever about 3/4 way through the tube. What i did was just got my wire just a small portion at a time,and twist the plastic tube. I wouldnt say its a speedy ordeal,but lots less frusterating and worked like a charm. Hope that helps

also rolex what do you mean by windex and also thanx for the info everyone:yes:

You dont know what windex is but you know what fary liquid is, WOW! Windex is window cleaner. Anyway. My trick is, use a pice of fishing line about a foot longer then the tube. Tie one end to the tip of the antenna, and then run the line threw the tube, and proceed to pull the antenna threw. Works like a charm everytime!

Bryson

hi, rolex fairy liquid is washing up liquid, and also rolex what do you mean by windex and also thanx for the info everyone:yes:

I'm sure you know what it is, but just aren't sure how to use it. Hold the end of the tube against the nozzle and pull the trigger to squirt it into the tube. It's very thin and slippery when it's fresh. When it dries it doesn't leave any residue inside, or any oily substance that can eat at the insulation. Also, as Isufan says, spin the tube when it starts to feel tight.

I find it works best if the tube is straight and the wire is as straight as possible. Any bends or kinks in the wire will make it get all bunged up, then you fight it and it gets worse. Try running the wire through your thumb and forefinger as you pinch it a bit to work out the kinks. They try again.

Hi!!!

I use Wd-40 (with the little red tubbing that you attach to the bottle)and works fine for me!!:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
If your using fairy soap you must be from the UK, I've only seen in Ire. I've also never had a problem. Windex is glass cleaning stuff. I forget what you guys have over there.

I've never had any problems with the good ol spit lube jobs....I just Lick it and stick it in...LOL...OMFG this sounds sooooooo wrong....and olds has the trick I use too....make it straight as possible and it won't catch on the inside walls of the tube.....

I used a lil' of my own spit. Worked just as well as anything and dries clear and no residue. Plus it comes with a handy injector!! (your mouth)

hmmm... it says "upgrade your membership" up the top right hand corner of my page. wonder if ill find those 'other forums' that are more appropriate for this issue in the members area, or better yet, i wonder what goes on behind those curtains... :naughty:

Last edited:
Back