pullstart

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p3-28revo

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does the pullstart from the mach .26 interchange with the spin start on a 427, i put a 427 in my savy and can't get the spin start to fit. what is all nedded to put a pullstart on a 427?

my friend who has the pull starts tried it an the backplates dont work with each other, there is a bigger bushing in the 427 backplate were the shaft comes out.

Huh... I'll have to see which pull-start my buddy is using. I don't recall it having any issues mounting it up.

That's odd... the one I posted is listed with the mach 427 on dynamites site. Are you sure your not thinking of the 28?

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN0934

You can click on the "Used In" on that page to see the engines it's for.

Last edited:
thanks tell me when u find out

The Mach pullstart fits no problem. There is a plastic spacer that goes inbetween the spin-start and a spring that goes inbetween the pullstart and backplate. The bolt patterns are no different though.
The Mach 26, 427 and .28 all have the same backplate.

huh.... well my friend said the bushings are different between the mach 26, and the 427 cause he tried to swap the on his engine and they would not work.

The bushing may be different, but maybe more so where the OWB goes inside the engine? Or where the starter shaft goes through the back plate? That doesn't necessarily mean the pull-starts aren't interchangeable.

My buddy doesn't remember what his was for certain, but I do remember finding the one I posted about and he said "yeah, that's what I got at the LHS".

o well i got a pullstart from another friend for it so i wont need to mess with it.