pullstart/engine issue Savage 25

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyorkuk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The pullstart hex fixing on the engine plate has snapped off on the bottom left corner.That means there are only two hex screws holding my pullstart on. This is causing the pullstart to slip 80% of the time....a quick fix i decided on was a couple of plastic zip tags to pull everything nice and tight again.....anybody have this problem before and how did you go about fixing it.

Cheers all:D

Time for a new engine back plate. Make sure you seal it with some high temp RTV when you install it. Are you loosening the glow plug when trying to start it? I know on my S 25 that's roto start equipped, it will eat the one way bearing in short order if I don't do this. FWIW, I eventually had to replace mine for the same reason after two years or so.

pull start

Time for a new engine back plate. Make sure you seal it with some high temp RTV when you install it. Are you loosening the glow plug when trying to start it? I know on my S 25 that's roto start equipped, it will eat the one way bearing in short order if I don't do this. FWIW, I eventually had to replace mine for the same reason after two years or so.[/QUOT

Hmmm when i said backplate i was wrong,the pullstart connects direct onto the back of the engine...and its that what has snapped in bottom left...sux as dont wanna have to replace engine due to a minor break on the hex bolt fitting,but I'm just not getting a tight enough pull to spin the one way..... looks like it may be back to the ziptags for the time being.