pull start string

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xplizit

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi

does any one know where i can get some of the string (stuff inside my pullstart) mine has snapped and i dont want to get a new pullstart

Try using some bathroom light cord. (the cord u pull to turn on your bathroom light).

It Works a treat on pull starters, or you could use some heavy duty fishing line.

Try using some bathroom light cord. (the cord u pull to turn on your bathroom light).

It Works a treat on pull starters, or you could use some heavy duty fishing line.

omg thanks for that idea i just went into bathroom and took some from the shower pull switch :p

how about those strings for the window blinds?

could use that stuff, not sure how long it would work though. Like most people here, i only reccomend what i myself have used and know to work. That way, i know i'm not going to say somthing stupid and cause someone more work than is neccesary.

just been in the back to test it works and its fine now :D thanks a lot for your advice

Who's advice, mine or diozxlive's advice ?

The light cord works, as it is "Almost" the same, if not THE same stuff as is originally in the pulstarter. Besides which, if you can get aweay with it, you can also make the string a bit longer than it was originally.

I always have an extra 2 or three pull cords in my spares box, mainly because i can get two pull starter cords out of one length. Therefore with 2 or 3 spare pull cords, i have 4 to 6 spare pull starter cords in stock at any one time. :)

I Also carry at least one spare complete pull starter unit to swap out. That way, i can repair the "broken" one after i finish running and still have a complete one ready and waiting, and not have to end my bashing session due to a broken pull starter cord.