pull start question/help/advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxxJTmasheR

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hay guys I'm a noob to pull starts, i just got a o.s .18 cv-r engine used a couple days ago got it running on my bench but when i put it in my car snap, i order all my stuff online, can i just get the cord or should i just buy the whole pull starter? what site would have it. or can i get it somewhere besides a hobby shop, I'm sure id pay 10% higher at my lhs

if you feel comfortable taking it apart and putting it back together , you can use a piece of cord from a horizontal blind ...thats what i use ...i had to remove the core from the cord so that it fits better and to be able to put enough cord on the spool ...but it works great on my .26 engine ;)

also a bit of oil on the cord helped it recoil better once it was assembled

Last edited:
I've never messed with the pull start I've always had the ez start, I'm hoping maybe i can just use my ez start but i dont know if it would work but i have some rope thats about the same size so maybe ill try that too thanks