ps3 not really digging it.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bergoff

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so i have a friend that had an extra ps3 and he said he would sell it to me for 170 with 2 wireless controllers. i jumped on it. at first i was totally loving it. then i went to play a game and it has been downloading updates for the game and taking 15 min so far. do all of their games take this long? on xbox live i would have been killed 40 times by know. ;) and i have docsis 3 internet and loving it 50mb down and 10mb up.

updates are a PITA with the ps3, but they are not required for every game. will be a while before a new firmware update comes out. you can always unplug from the net and generally play without the firmware update, unless its required for the game itself. i have had my ps3 since they came out and i absolutley love it. great console, give it a honest assesment after updates and playing for a while. I'm sure you will like it, prolly more that the xbox... atleast i do.

If he hasn't used it in a few then yeah that first few are going to take awhile. Most that are needed for games will only take a few min but speed will have to do with your internet connection. It is a awesome system. If you have a pretty good TV you should look at Super Stardust HD. its a really fun game for cheap.

It took about 20 mins for the updates for the system and game. It looks amazing on my LG led tv. It was fun I played little big world. I know its a kid game but that's all I have for now.

I love my PS3, I like it much better than xbox, and on line game play is free with PS3, which is not the case with xbox, and xbox is getting ready for a price increase for their on line access. I just finished Mafia II wish it was a little longer but it is a cool game.

I've still not figured out how to get online with mine lol but I love it compared to xbox but then again I had alot of problems with my 360's and not a single problem with my ps3.

My PS3 took a huge dump on my Xbox And now I can't Find It Its covered In crap...

PS3 Rocks...!!! :)

Updates will not happen all the time, And when they do, Its worth it...

My xbox live is about up. I'm cheap so I don't think I'm going to renew it right away. I'm going to play MAG after work and see how that goes. I want to try bf2 and grand turismo. I was hooked on gt4 on ps2 really bad. The graphics are amazing. It's sad that I have ps3, xbox 360, and a Wii. Well the Wii is the wifes but the balance board is fun with a 6 pack.

I really want to get Dirt 2, just haven't got the cash at the moment. What racing games do you play on line? I wish they had a good nascar game for ps3

I have the original Dirt but I've never played online so I actually have no idea what the web gameplay is like. I don't play online a whole lot but I do Gran Turismo Prologue and Formula One Championship Edition although I fully intend to get F1 2010 in a couple weeks when it comes out. Dirt seems right up your alley though and I believe there will be a significant amount of oval racing available when the full blown Gran Turismo 5 hits the shelves. Daytona is in GT Prologue.

dirt is awesome to play. i suck online though. i think that the Gran Turismo racing series has to be the best ever. i have all of them.

I have not played on line either, but I am hooked up. I am gonna have to look in to some race sims, see whats out there. I just don't see myself getting in to something like an F-1 game though, I prefer oval much more than road course racing.

I'll take the ps3 over the 360 any day, we have both and I rarely use the 360.

If you guys start running Dirt online I'm going to have to start practicing, I have it but I only played it a couple of times.

I would totally be down with some RCNT Dirt racing. If I need to get Dirt 2 I will. I'm not very seasoned in Dirt either bro.

I don't own Dirt 2 but I have tried it, from what I saw I rather the first one.

I'm gonna take a look into the online gameplay for that, I only assume there is online play. I know F1 allows a user to create his own "room" and invite friends but I don't think all games allow that much creation, GT5 prologue doesn't let you do that.

Back