proline tire question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motoman

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got proline road rage tires (40series) for my revo. I am having problems getting the tire bead to go all the way down behind the rim? Any help? are these tires the wrong ones for these rims? (rims traxxas #5172A) In the picture, the pen is pointing to my problem, I can't get it to seat all the way. If I can't get them to go all the way in, then the side wall is very tall, and defeats the purpose of having low profile tires.

Attachments

• rimzz.jpg
    rimzz.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 218
The 40 series road rage does not fit the traxxas bead. Proline makes a specific wheel for the 40 series.

The 40 series road rage does not fit the traxxas bead. Proline makes a specific wheel for the 40 series.

What he said. They don't fit the Traxxas bead. I got the Pro line Desperado wheels with the Road Rage tires and they look and fit great.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks guys, I am new to the sport, but what blows my mind, is when a hobby store who has been selling this stuff for years, sets me up with this stuff. They did not even question, if these tires and rims were going to be mounted together!

Hobby Shops are notorious for just getting in your pockets 99% of them dontcare if your parts work on your rig, they are just about the bottom line....taking your cash.

I also find most of them do not know what they are talking about,

If you find a hobby shop that actually knows their stuff, keep them in business! They're the ones that we really need.

Back