Proline Pro Mt 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've checked a couple of reviews on this beast and all positive I like the depth on the chassis and how well made it looks am considering the possibility of getting one just cost and building never done only ever owned RTR models being fresh to rc world

They better come out with a replacement . Or they are forcing us to buy premounts .

Hi

I think that's there plane. I am getting the feeling that the Pro-MT 4x4 "MIGHT" be getting discontinued soon now that the Fusion SC 4x4 has been released. And to anyone that is a basher and is thinking of buying a MT 4x4, be prepared too spend another $200 for the needed upgrades.

I'm glad I passed on this and opted for the Granite 4x4 BLX. Not good that they allegedly planning to discontinue it so soon.

Hi

It looks like Pro-Line has done it again, they have found another way to "SCREW" there customers again! Pro-Line has discontinued the ONLY 2.8" 17mm hex Wheels in the world that will fit on the Pro-MT 4x4, You can get pre-mouted wheels and tires for almost $40 a set but not wheels.

F-11 Wheels

Don't know if you guys saw or not but I was on the proline web site last night and they now have 2.8 wheels that have interchangeable hubs. They come with 2 different offsets for 12MM and you can get 17MM as well.

I did the RC8T short extended hubs to my truck and I like them a lot. I drilled out the holes with a small vice it wasn’t too bad. I also use some vibratite thread lock on the pillow ball screws so they don’t back out. This stuff doesn’t fully cure like glue or lock tite and remains flexible and absorbs vibrations. You use it on guns and such. Great stuff. Haven’t had any issues with my truck since.

Attachments

• 013B1DFD-5CD6-468B-831E-CD2DAE73FEE4.jpeg
    013B1DFD-5CD6-468B-831E-CD2DAE73FEE4.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 4FC0A51F-6D38-4863-9976-D9A21DDF3801.jpeg
    4FC0A51F-6D38-4863-9976-D9A21DDF3801.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 174
I used Plummer’s tape to lock them in. Good to know about the vibratite I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.

I used Plummer’s tape to lock them in. Good to know about the vibratite I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.
Good idea also with the tape never thought of that one good solution that isn’t permanent. Ya check out the vibratite. I like it so much I use it on all rc stuff that requires locatite now pinions you name it and it never backs out but it’s sure easier to take apart later

I installed the complete replacement set about 2 months ago. These upgraded parts are much better than the original, but this kit has become very expensive for a 1:10 scale rc. It was reasonable as a kit, but now with the upgrades, which are necessary, it's at least $1000 kit with electronics and all the upgrades(hinge pin holders, servo saver, shock caps, shock mounts, spur gear, gear clip, pillow balls, axle extenders). Once you sort out all its flaws, it's a great rc, but i would never recommend it to anyone. It's not worth the cost IMHO. The granite blx 3s or Big Rock 3s is the better buy.

I installed the complete replacement set about 2 months ago. These upgraded parts are much better than the original, but this kit has become very expensive for a 1:10 scale rc. It was reasonable as a kit, but now with the upgrades, which are necessary, it's at least $1000 kit with electronics and all the upgrades(hinge pin holders, servo saver, shock caps, shock mounts, spur gear, gear clip, pillow balls, axle extenders). Once you sort out all its flaws, it's a great rc, but i would never recommend it to anyone. It's not worth the cost IMHO. The granite blx 3s or Big Rock 3s is the better buy.

Totally agreed. This truck is fun but considering the price if I had the choice I would not buy it again.

Thanks for the information..

My brand new Proline Pro MT does seem to return to center when steering is neutral. I have to nudge it the opposite direction either with the transmitter steering or by hand to get the steering to center. The servo appears to center just fine so it seems the issue is somewhere in the steering assembly. Any ideas how to fix this? It’s annoying to release the steering wheel to neutral and then the car flies to one side instead of track straight.

I’ve tried tightening the servo save spring mechanism but it doesn’t completely solve the problem.

Thanks!

from the pics it looks like debris can get between the spur and pinion. don't they have a cover for that? one little pebble gets in there and even steel will either strip or break your motor shaft.
The build looks great and got me looking at the kit also, I really like your choice of colors

The steering assembly has some small bushings, those need to be changed out to bearings. Will track much better and should correct your issue.

The steering assembly has some small bushings, those need to be changed out to bearings. Will track much better and should correct your issue.

Will you elaborate which bushings? I’ve read there is a steering bar that has bearings that can blow out. Is this the area I should harden?

As an aside, I am disappointed that it just doesn’t come out of the box right as a roller. In my case, I had extra electronics sitting around and figured that I get a better quality base to build from. I think the Arrma Granite would have been a better experience out of the box, but with slightly lower quality in parts compared to the Proline.

They are in the steering assembly. Rich Dupperdash as some YT videos out walking you through this upgrade. check them out he is very articulate and to the point. This should fix the tracking. All RCs have their quirks once worked out this is a great little versatile rig, from mt tires to street slicks I have ran mine in many different mods.

They are in the steering assembly. Rich Dupperdash as some YT videos out walking you through this upgrade. check them out he is very articulate and to the point. This should fix the tracking. All RCs have their quirks once worked out this is a great little versatile rig, from mt tires to street slicks I have ran mine in many different mods.

I appreciate the pointer.

Back