Proline Pro Mt 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I am an owner of a Proline Pro MT 4x4 that i've been sorting out the kinks in the past few months.

I tried to find the team associated extended hubs but they are discontinued but have used an alternative : Wheel extension 17mm you will need to drill it out but they are dirt cheap for a set of 4.

Hey don't drill them take a 2mm hex wrench cut it down to fit a slip the oring around it . Then you can still use the old ones if need be. Works great I use the same ones.

View attachment 13650

View attachment 13652
Sanwa m12s.. 472 rx is not going anywhere near my gears
View attachment 13652
Packs fitted are 2x Turnigy heavy duty 60c 3s lipos on Xt90 plugs .
If you want to see what happens when this guy is fitted with 6s check out the Rc Anonymous youtube channel..:cool::cool::cool:

I uploaded the same photo twice:eek::confused:
View attachment 13655
View attachment 13656
View attachment 13657
View attachment 13658
Looks to be built very well...what's the cell rating straight out tha box????

View attachment 13650

View attachment 13652
Sanwa m12s.. 472 rx is not going anywhere near my gears
View attachment 13652
Packs fitted are 2x Turnigy heavy duty 60c 3s lipos on Xt90 plugs .
If you want to see what happens when this guy is fitted with 6s check out the Rc Anonymous youtube channel..:cool::cool::cool:

I uploaded the same photo twice:eek::confused:
View attachment 13655
View attachment 13656
View attachment 13657
View attachment 13658
Nevermind just saw it's a roller.........

Almost finished with it. Pick it up a few weeks ago. Ambush body. Installed mmx with the 1515 2200 Kv motor. Savox 1210 sg servo. Spectrum receiver. Went through diffs and replaced with 100/1mil/50k front to back per Rich Duperbash. Great resource and help thank you. Shocks where 1/2 full roped them off with 70wt. Have alum servo saver and metal gear to put in yet. Still looking for hex extenders will look at the ones posted here. 16t pinion with the 2 dot incerts but still feel a bit tight will see how it feels once I install the metal gear. Here a few Picts. Any additional insights would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• C8CCBEF7-ED56-43EC-98FC-E6021A4AE87B.jpeg
    C8CCBEF7-ED56-43EC-98FC-E6021A4AE87B.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 4C6DD943-0C91-46B7-9B74-8B0363F06930.jpeg
    4C6DD943-0C91-46B7-9B74-8B0363F06930.jpeg
    472.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 83B6A6EA-B6E7-434E-862B-BDBD84F3B6C3.jpeg
    83B6A6EA-B6E7-434E-862B-BDBD84F3B6C3.jpeg
    419 KB · Views: 123
  • 3238AC12-25E4-488E-9001-D4966A2840F7.jpeg
    3238AC12-25E4-488E-9001-D4966A2840F7.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 109
Hey don't drill them take a 2mm hex wrench cut it down to fit a slip the oring around it . Then you can still use the old ones if need be. Works great I use the same ones.
Can you elaborate at bit? Maybe a picture? Thanks

Any additional insights would be appreciated.
Install the proline aluminum servo saver. The plastic saver will break with small hits in the front. Many of us went through several before they were upgraded to aluminum. The metal spur really isn’t necessary unless you’re running 6s and it’s much louder.

Install the proline aluminum servo saver. The plastic saver will break with small hits in the front. Many of us went through several before they were upgraded to aluminum. The metal spur really isn’t necessary unless you’re running 6s and it’s much louder.
Will do that thank you. Instead of the extenders, I hear some just dropped a dab of super glue to keep the nuts from backing out and friction heating and melting the incerts. Have you any experience with this?

Will do that thank you. Instead of the extenders, I hear some just dropped a dab of super glue to keep the nuts from backing out and friction heating and melting the incerts. Have you any experience with this?
The extenders provide 2 benefits. They create a wider footprint and prevent flipping over while turning and you won’t experience the delrin melting of the ball cups. You can also just put a little ca glue on the threads and skip adding the extenders. Either way works, but one has an added benefit.

The extenders provide 2 benefits. They create a wider footprint and prevent flipping over while turning and you won’t experience the delrin melting of the ball cups. You can also just put a little ca glue on the threads and skip adding the extenders. Either way works, but one has an added benefit.
Understood. Thank you

Can you elaborate at bit? Maybe a picture? Thanks
I don't have a picture but you cut a regular black 2mm hex wrench to match the length of the pins they give with the hex extensions . The kit you linked to uses a rubber oring to hold the pin in place so no drilling necessary .

I don't have a picture but you cut a regular black 2mm hex wrench to match the length of the pins they give with the hex extensions . The kit you linked to uses a rubber oring to hold the pin in place so no drilling necessary .

Hi

The HobbyPark Aluminum 17mm Hexs should have came with 2.5mm pins and should be a direct fit, no drilling nessasery. I also just tried the allen wrench trick with the A.E. 17mm hexs I have "which uses 3mm pins" and it will only work IF, 1) you shim the hexs really tightly into place , and 2) have the allen wrench piece oriented just right so you have a flat edge facing the hub, and a flat edge facing the tire, if you do not do it this way you will get play in your hexs. I would NOT recommend using a allen wrench as a substitute for the axle pins. In order to get 17mm hexs that use 3mm pins to fit properly without problems you HAVE to drill the holes out.

If you do not want to drill the holes out then you may want to get these for a little bit more money

Team Redcat Alum. Splined Wheel Hubs

Attachments

• allen.jpg
    allen.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 82
Hi

Well I just did the A.E. hexs conversion and I like that the tires no longer hit the body I'm using, BUT it was a royal pain in the butt to get the holes drilled out and to get the pins to line up properly. I would NOT recommend doing this to yours, there are better options out there just do some research and you will find them. I plan on buying 4 new axle and hexs that fit without modifying the axles.

Too anyone that has done this mod, you may want to check the insides of your axles for metal shavings and chips from when you drilled the holes out. I had all but one axle back together when I noticed the shavings inside the axle and then realized those shavings can work there way out and into the CV joint and damage them.

FYI. RC8T3 hexs do not come with pins. T.A. part # 81319. You will need to pick up the pins separately or do the Allen wrench mod.

Hi

It looks like Pro-Line has done it again, they have found another way to "SCREW" there customers again! Pro-Line has discontinued the ONLY 2.8" 17mm hex Wheels in the world that will fit on the Pro-MT 4x4, You can get pre-mouted wheels and tires for almost $40 a set but not wheels.

F-11 Wheels

Hit your LHS and see if you can’t deplete their inventory.

They better come out with a replacement . Or they are forcing us to buy premounts .

Back