Proline '40s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo Rancher

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
How well do they hold up? I have them on my Revo with the Wabash wheels. On loose to slightly blue groove surfaces, how well can I expect these to perform, and last?

which tire is it? or did i miss something.

Hey Revo,

I have a set of bow ties I ran on less that blue groove surfaces this past summer (Mostly loose and dusty) and they held up great. I still have life in them for this year as well. I guess it all depends on the track surface and wether or not you spin your wheels much. I also only use the bow ties on the track and not to bash with, which also makes a difference. What type of 40's are you running? That would also make a difference as well with the different tread and compound combos. I hope this helps. Take care my friend.

Tom

Oops, yeah, bowties, med-soft.

In the softer sand they don't have much pull....if the sand is just an inch deep it will just tear the sand off til it hits clay......deeper and you end up spinning...on blugroove....IMO nothing is better than bowties.....the only downside to 40s is the deeper wheel that can't take tagging a pole like the meatier (izatawurd?) versions do......I dumped my 40s last year because I couldn't drive my truck very well around the track and broke a rim...I thought it was just a tap....apparently not......I'm gonna try 40s again this year....but the 23mm hex set....

I like the side profile of the 40 series tires. About the same as the stock Revo tire and a little more tire surface overall. I am using the 23mm PL hubs as well. You can take them off the truck two different ways so your pitting choices are up to you.

Revo Rancher said:
I like the side profile of the 40 series tires. About the same as the stock Revo tire and a little more tire surface overall. I am using the 23mm PL hubs as well. You can take them off the truck two different ways so your pitting choices are up to you.

I like the side profile of the 40 as well. I also like the handling difference they had on my Maxx. The PL 23mm hubs allow me to change back to standard Maxx size hubs in a snap too which I like because it allows me to change from Race to bash in a matter of minutes. I bash with a set of Revo tires/rims. Just my :2cents: Take care guys.

Tom

Revo Rancher said:
You can take them off the truck two different ways so your pitting choices are up to you.

Hey Lucy,
could jou do sum esplainin dis to me????

With a 23mm hub, you could actually take the blue 23mm nut off or you could undo the normal nut, I imagine is what he is trying to say.

Maybe I need to try and put mine on to see what you are talking about...I just got a set......

With a 23mm hub, you could actually take the blue 23mm nut off or you could undo the normal nut, I imagine is what he is trying to say.

What he said.

I blue thread locked the pins in and since I made up two sets of Wabash 23's with bowties, one medium and one med-soft, I just yank one off and put the other on. The large nut can get tricky when your hands are tired orr cold, so I use a nut driver to swap the small nut on and off.

one thing i have noticed with the 40 series bow ties is that they will wear out the center pretty quick. i blame it on the ballooning under acceleration. problem solved if you run the standard width or do the strapping tape belting trick. other than that, they should last a long time, especially if you only run em on the track. as far as performance goes, i think they work pretty good on those surfaces. the only time they seem to get funky is if it's real loose, dry sand. then they just spin and don't hook up well at all.

Rancher/Truthseeker, do you guys use blue loctite or teflon tape to hold the 23mm nut on? I tried teflon tape, and it does alright, but I still get a wobbler now and then. Been remiss to try loctitie, just concerned I won't get it off later.

Nope, just wrench them on good. I check them everytime I bring the truck back to the table. I bought the PL 23 mm wrench.

Monkey Wrench said:
Yeah, I got the wrench as well. Guess I should put my ass into it a bit more!

what happened to the monster 23mm socket from the savage package? You should be able to get them on real tight even with those pencil arms of yours.

Pencil shaped Monkey arms, there's an image I can do without!

lol! i don't use the 23mm's cause i have the hurricane wheels and response tires. i just got the little blue nuts. (go ahead...have fun with that one)

I built 4 new CVDs and put the hubs on em last night....yes I see exactly what ya mean....it was my first time mounting a set.....nice and solid.....I'm almost tempted to bring back the bow ties I bought and get a set of Moabs so I have a new bashing set of tires....track still has 2 months to go before it's open anyway.......and then we need to tear all the clay down and rebuild it again anyway.........