Problems Traxxas VXL-3S

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HjnA

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Could someone help me?

There is something funny with my ESC. I have calibrated the ESC and made sure it is in sports mode. I have reconnected the remote. Reset TSM.

When I calibrate the ESC the green light is supposed to blink once when i do revere. On my it blinks lots of times. Maybe the problem is here? I have tried 10-20 times and still the same problem.

Forward works fine. It will not start reverse. But if I hold it in reverse (green light blinks) for 15-60 seconds it suddenly works. After that everything is ok with reverese, but forward does not work. If I hold forward in for 15-60 seconds it starts working. And so it goes. Tapping on the reverse also makes small movement.

Just seen this post, i had a faulty Traxxas ESC after 10 mins of use, mine would not turn off, calibration failed and it would not let me change from Lipo to NiMH mode

Does your radio have TSM? If so, shut it off before calibrating.
Does your radio have throttle/brake trim? If so, set them to zero before calibrating.

I don't recall having issues calibrating my vlx-3s using a spektrum radio (DX3C and DX5C).

Does your radio have TSM? If so, shut it off before calibrating.
Does your radio have throttle/brake trim? If so, set them to zero before calibrating.

I don't recall having issues calibrating my vlx-3s using a spektrum radio (DX3C and DX5C).
My radio only had steering trim, i sent the faulty ESC back, and got a Hobbywing Quicrun 1080, also got a FlySky radio with way more adjustments, it all works as it should now.

Back