Problems calibrating Hobbywing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vasili.liolios

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
I have having problems calibrating my Hobbywing EZrun Max10 SCT combo.
I have connected my esc cable into my futaba 2 channel receiver into the number “2” port which is the throttle port and my other one from the steering servo into the number 1 channel which is my steering. Once I go to calibrate my neutral position first I click set and the esc dosent flash green once or beep once. I have no idea what to do I’ve tried everything but can’t figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated.

make sure trim is set to zero.. if you have already done that then contact seller ask for a replacement.

make sure trim is set to zero.. if you have already done that then contact seller ask for a replacement.

I have set my trim to zero and yet still get nothing.

do you have a program card .or is there a way to do a factory reset of that esc?

I
do you have a program card .or is there a way to do a factory reset of that esc?
I don’t have a program card but there is a way to factory reset. Tried that but not sure if that worked properly

well do it again. sorry I dont run your brand of esc so I'm limited on my ability to trouble shoot your issue.

Last edited:
I k
well do it again. sorry I dont un your brand of esc so I'm limited on my ability to trouble shoot your issue.
I know. Will try again and see how I go. Appreciate your help

Make sure to press and hold the SET button before turning on the ESC. After turning on the ESC, release the SET button once RED LED starts flashing.

Make sure to press and hold the SET button before turning on the ESC. After turning on the ESC, release the SET button once RED LED starts flashing.
Yep I’ve done this over and over

sounds like a defective esc contact hobbywing for a replacement.

Just to make sure, do you have the esc->receiver plug connected properly? They can sometimes fit backwards depending on the plugs. Typically, the darker servo wire goes towards the outer edge of the receiver.

Is your receiver bound to the transmitter? Does your steering work?

check what olds said. now does esc have power?. radio and rx bound?. exact radio and rx you are trying to use.

It's tricky, there's like a trick word in the directions somewhere. Mine took a few tries.
I have that with my arrma blx185 which is a rebranded hobbywing... I can't get it into calibration mode to save my life, but it still works... I know I got it to calibrate once, but I moved it to a different truck and haven't been able to get it to calibrate since. Even tried a different receiver. I do what the manual says and it just keeps beeping, like it doesn't sense that I pushed the set button after releasing it. I also can't get it to go into any of the settings via the set button... but I know the set button does something because it goes into the settings mode when I hold it down.

The HW program box lets me adjust it, but I can't calibrate it.

Back