Problem with Team associated tc4!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adi35

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got a used TC4- it wasn't working BUT The guy showed me that it works BUT With another radio system, I did get a Hitech transmitter crystals and a hitech reciever, I was told that the receiver is broken, so I went to my local hobby shop and bought a Mercury Shielded FM Receiver which and I was told it will work. So I went home, and I installed the new receiver, and what.....? IT DIDN'T WORK!!! :angry: . The LED light on the remote was working so the remote is OK. Could the crystals be broken, or the receiver not compatible.
What receiver WILL work or should I get a new radio system?

Does the esc light up when you turn the cars power on?

do you have the rx crystal in the rx and the tx crystal in the tx. i made that mistake in a rush.

Yes the ESC Lights up when the battery's pluged, And the Reciever crystal is rf and the transmitter crystal is tf, they have the same numbers and are both FM. Could the crystals be "broken"?

It could be that the RX is of a different design needing a different type of crystal.

Do they still sell 75 FM crystals.
If the LED on the remote is working does that mean the remote is working for sure?

Should I get a new radio system? like spektrum or futaba without crystals?

Back