problem with mu losi XXX NT Sport

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsclBldr1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well, I thought i was understanding what i was doing.....guess not!!
i have an O.S. 18tx-tz in my truck. have exactly a gallon thru it. the other day while warming it up, it bogged down and stalled. the only way it would stay running is keeping the igniter on it. Take it off and instantly stalls. I bought a new glow plug, didnt help. i ask my LHS and he says the motor needs to be taken apart and cleaned, which i did..put it all back together and same story....I'm flustered!!!! any help or ideas would be appreciated!!

thanks!!

Sounds like the engine has fully broken in, most do around the 1 gallon mark. It's time to lean out the LSN and maybe the HSN a bit more. also check that your clutch shoes, springs and bearings are good.

Yeah, I broke in a OS18TM for my revo and around 3/4-1 gallon, it loosened up quite a bit and I had to lean it out to keep it going.

Check your cooling head bolts. Mine came loose on me not too long after break-in and caused it to run like crap.

+4....???

I've noticed the tune goes to hell when the engine reaches that magical broken in point. My mr.21 did it to my during a race. What a headache that was.