Problem starting LXOne.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U-LX1

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi I'm new to nitro rc's and today i tried to start my LXOne for the first time.I couldnt get it to start, the engine starts then it shuts off after 6 sec.Then after it stops you hear this sound that sounds like metal hitting metal.I didnt want to adjust any screws as i didnt want to mess with the engines tuning.Whats going on?

Did you get it new or used? If it's new, the settings are factory rich. If it's really cold out you'll need to warm the engine with a hair dryer.

Its new right out of the box, still have to break in engine.The temps outside were warm with a little wind.The motor reached 105F while i was trying to start it, the hobby store said to keep it at a steadyy 200F to break in the engine.Ill give it another try tomorow after work.

Maybe you need to raise your idle trim on your receiver when your trying to start it

I was thinking it might be the idle screw too.I didnt get to try anything today, i got home and it was already dark and cold.Ill give it a try tomorow, hopefully i can get it to start.

take your air cleaner off, turn your throttle adjustment all the way down on ur radio, and turn your idle screw clockwise till you get about 1-2mm opening, dont touch your fuel needle it is set rich to break in engine..also make sure your fuel line isent crimped or clogged make sure fuel filter isent backwards.. when you get it started do not hit the gas just let it sit there and idle outside a few hours wile u add gas to it

Preheat the engine to 150F with a hair dryer before you start it. All new nitro engines are a pain when cold. They like to be warm.

Today i gave it a try again.Almost got it to start, i adjusted to idle screw a little bit.But i ended up flooding the engine by opening the fuel line more,back to the way it was.
Tomorow ill be getting a hair dryer to heat up the engine before i try it again.Thanks for helping.

Hey peeps, tried to start the engine today.Preheated the engine to 140, it started good but when i remove the glo starter it shuts off.What can be causing this?

try turning your throttle trim up on your receiver then adjust it down once it's running

Hey peeps, tried to start the engine today.Preheated the engine to 140, it started good but when i remove the glo starter it shuts off.What can be causing this?

Did you pull the glow plug and if so was it wet or dry? If you didn't remove it check it next time you try to start it and fail to do so. If it's wet (not just a little damp--that is what you DO want) you are too rich on the LSN. If it is dry (again, you are looking for just damp) then you are either way lean or not getting enough fuel to the carb.

Still shuts off even if i turn the throttle trim.
I did pull the glow plug out(thinking it was flooded) and it was a little damped almost dry.So i should turn it counter-clockwise(Rich?) to get more fuel into the carb?

Still can't get it to start, might have to give ofna a call.See if they can help me on starting it up.
Anyone know of any reliable online hobby stores?

Go buy a Hot plug just for breakin purposes. Lean the LSN like RCaddict said. Leave the ignitor on until it has ran for 30 seconds slowly blipping the throttle. Then remove the ignitor. it should stay running, if not lean it again. Every 4 seconds or so slowly ease into the throttle to clear out the engine, then let it idle. Repeat this thru the first tank.
Second tank start driving it.
Usually if the engine dies as soon as you remove the ignitor the plug is bad, the other reason is a way too rich setting. Keep at it, don't give up.

I had the same type problem with my Warhead when I first got it, and found out I just wasn't priming it enough. Once I got the priming down it stayed running pretty well.

Thanks for your input Scrogg,stoped by my lhs but they were closed.Ill try tomorrow.
When i prime it i see little air bubbles in the fuel line.Is this normal?

Last edited:
Air bubbles in the fuel line means an air leak somewhere in the system. Need to do a leak check on your engine and tank.

Stick with it buddy, I had a similar problem with my first bb engine. I even had it off and in a box ready to ship back to HPI. Scrogg was able to calm me down and talk me through it. Now I've got a screamin Savage. I had to buy a heat gun because the hair dryer just didn't put out enough heat. Breaking these engines in can be a frustrating, boring and tedious experience but once it's done you really get rewarded.

Been wanting to give it a try but I've benn getting home late,plus its been raining for the last 2 days.I'm not giving in just yet I'm trying untill i get it started, already picked up new glow plugs and some nitro.Hopefully it wont rain tommorow.

Back