Pro Line Desert Rat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brainanator

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
It's my first body paint job, most of the lines have some bleed through even though I used quality tape, guess I'll try a different brand next time. I did see the desert rat carnage edition thread, but I didn't want to clutter it with my non-carnage body :p

CIMG5652.jpg

CIMG5654.jpg

CIMG5656.jpg

CIMG5657.jpg

Nice job! Definately show it mounted...

Sorry guys, the shaft on my castle 4600 broke off, and I'm waiting (hopefully) to get another one on warranty. Anyway, I don't want to take pictures of it mounted without the motor.....since I think the motor looks cool, lol.

Initially I thought that the body fit like crap, I would have to push down to get the front body posts to come through the body, like the front was too deep. But I bought a new front bumper (since my first is smooth, and VERY thin now) and it seems that the shock absorbing plastic loop was deformed in. Now the body fits very well!

Can't wait to take pictures :p

Alright, I emailed Castle about an update and they just replyed with a copy of an invoice to me for $0, and saying that I might get an email about tracking info soon (never got)

so hopefully the motor is on the way to me! Then I'll upload some mounted pictures.

it looks good.
CC customer service is great. i had an issue with an older 25 esc and they covered it no questions asked.

alright guys, it is the moment you've been waiting for!

Here are some pics of the new body mounted, with the new motor.

CIMG6140.jpg

CIMG6141.jpg

CIMG6142.jpg

CIMG6143.jpg

CIMG6148.jpg

Also, anyone notice the difference between the new CM36 castle motors? Looks like the front might be able to come off for rebuilding?

CIMG6133.jpg

CIMG6135.jpg

Body looks good on the truck!
Are there any performance or specs differences from the older style motors?
My co-worker has a 6900 they say not to use 3s but he does all the time(less than 90,000 rpm) and I noticed your motor says 100,000 max.

it also says it is 4S max too, used to be 3S max.

Seems to perform about the same, I didn't get a lot of use out of the last one before it broke, but brushless is still awesome :D

also, on a bad note...I backed the lexan paint with Krylon Fusion paint a day after I painted it, well I guess that was a mistake, paints chippin off pretty good after a few runs....

Ah well, already got the beauty pics, now it's time to make it ugly :p

Yeah I painted a body for my son I suck it chipped bad in a few weeks.
Funny thing is this was before any of the SC's came out and this body looked like a SC body it was for his rustler and some people at the track made fun of how big the body was:rolleyes:
I'll try to dig up some pics

paint bleed

Dont feel bad about paint bleeding under the tape,happens to everyone.

spray it on thin,from farther away.

like the can says many light coats,or when its wet it just works under the tape.:mad:

next body will be better, and I guess I won't use krylon paint as a last layer, startin to chip something fierce.

yup, this paint is falling off all over the high impact areas, and I already have some cracks in the body =/
Guess I'm just really rough on it. Hard to tell it's chipping from the outside when it's covered in dust/dirt though :p

looks good!

Too bad the paint is chipping off... you think maybe you put it on too thick, making it brittle?

Yeah, it might have been too thick, it might have been the white krylon fusion paint I put on over everything. I know that I washed it very well before painting, so it's not that.
Next time I will buy a lexan paint backing, and use much lighter coats I suppose.

Back