Pre-Season purchases!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3_Stroke_Motor

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Weve all seen the Dicks Sporting Goods adds that say "Every season starts here." with all the gear that you can spend a thousand dollars on before the start of the season.... Well, whats on your pre season list? Personally, mine is as follows

1) New tires, Need new some on roads and rear off roads for the JATO and Savage
2) New Engine for the JATO, not sure what yet, but something bigger than the 3.3
3) Maybe an MGT 8.0 Kit? Id like a to drive one of these, and build one!
4) FUEL FUEL FUEL!!!! Byron 20%
5) After Run oil
6) Glow plugs
7) A new radio system for the JATO
8) Stocking up on those parts that always seem to break every week, like the hubs arms etc.:angry:
9) shock rebuild kits
10) A helicopter, bought a quadcopter in the fall to goof around with, looking to get into flying helicopters.:hehe:

list is still in formation, but I'm already setting aside 50 bucks from each paycheck since the beginning of the year, Its gonna be a doosey when the time comes, whats on your bashing and racing season list this year for nitro?

I need some wax and a package of buffing cloths.
LMAO...

I keep a list on my Droid but it grows faster than I can buy stuff o_O
The main things I want right now are getting a couple of my engines modded and getting ERCM pipes for them. I need 3 in all. I also need a good Savox servo for my Losi 8ight buggy. After all that will probably be more paint and bodies and spend awhile learning how to airbrush lids.

Oh and I want to get a complete set of standard screws in socket head, button head, and flat head styles like I have for Metric.

Last edited:
Floats for my Carbon Cub.
A new bumper, winch and 2-speed tranny for my SCX-10 J/K scaler project
A brushless Deep-V boat
Better shades for out door activities

A high end .21 for my new Losi truggy
2000mah lipo reciever pack
A set of cheap tires to burn up during break in
A way to organize my SAE harware and tool set (separate from my metric/traxxas hardware and tools)inc a field bag,

To the op you can't buy the mgt 8.0 in kit form unfortunately. For me It would be to buy a tuned pipe for the baja 5sc, drop an os .18 into my rc10gt, and restore my daughters savage .25. Until the funds come in the only thing that's guaranteed to be done this off season is to restore my daughters savage.

New pistons, impeller and carb rebuild kit for my Jetski - Need it ready for this summer!
Direct Drive for the savage
Cen Diffs for the savage
Tool box organizer
Finish up my truck
Build a crawler - Thinking the XR10 Mantis build

There is much more but it's jumbled in my head until I get more important things finished.

RPM on all 4 corners for my Maxx
Electronics for the 3 scale rigs I'm building
The gonads to learn how to fly my Blade coptor without it costing an arm and a leg to land it
A wraith or TF2

Big Block into my revo and rpm all the way around it
complete my rustler 3.3 project yanked the 2.5 out
find a nice on road although now thats pretty much what the rusty is
possibly make a carpet or drift track in the basement. (this one should move up the list)

Well tax time is here, and since I had a lovely daughter last year, I got a whole ton of tax credits. So, after I put my down payment on the house and car, I'll have a little bit left over to spare for this Revo I got in a trade. It's not in running condition, and it's dirty, so I'm gonna do a complete teardown and clean, and I figure while I'm at it, I might as well replace some things

So, here's my rather extensive list (any suggestions for things I should add, take away, or substitute would be more than appreciated!):

- New front and rear bumper
- New wheels and tires (suggestions?)
- Front and rear aluminum shock mounts
- RPM Tru-Track rear A-Arm kit
- RPM front A-Arms
- Aluminum rockers
- New body mounts
- New exhaust pipe (was looking at an RD Logics twin exhaust, again any suggestions?)
- New servo and radio boxes (previous owner spray painted them grey, ugly as sin.)
- New roll bar hoop (same reason as above)
- New skid plates (previous owner has Integy blue aluminum ones that are scratched to all hell, ugly as sin. Should I go with plastic ones? Not sure)
- New fuel tank (old one is leaky)
- New EZ-Start harness (the one that's in there has been spliced onto itself so much it's just a tangled mess)
- Steel drive shafts(? [on the fence about those, are they worth it?])
- New micro server for reverse (one that's in there is shot.)
- New motor. (The 3.3 in there is probably shot, leaning toward a Dynamite .19t since I already have one in my Rusty and I really really like it.)
- New radio/receiver. (It has an AM in it now, I was thinking I'd buy one of the TQi's for it.

As far as any suggestions may go, I know it's better to have an idea of what I plan to do with it...I'm probably gonna use it as a "cruiser," I'm not really gonna bash it all that hard, mostly just tool it around in the front yard, small jumps, but nothing crazy. I want it to be functional, but I want it to be easy on the eyes too, and look real nice. The flashier the better.

I'd like to keep the cost minimal, but I have probably six hundred to a thousand to work with.

Last edited:
May sell off some of my stuff, save up for the HPI Savage XL Octane, if its ever released:D

probably gonna work on getting rid of that cheesy EZ start in my Jato... too much to lug around, as well as getting faster acceleration. So add a pull start mod to the list.

List of wants,
2 LRP Z.28's & 2 ERCM BB pipe's to go with.
Roto starters & back plates for the .28's.
Some more Losi XXL CVD's & hexes.
2 UE super 6 FOC gears.
2 set's of badlands & 1 set of paddle tires.
2 new lids.

List of need's,
Another BB mount set.
Some more 5mm dr cups.
More hardware for the trucks.
More glow plugs.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things!:D

Back